another CORSA Track system question

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to get some opionions on the Corsa Track system (foctory cats) does it sound louder or calmer at Idle. I would like a better tone than the factory gives but Im not looking to wake the dead :bonker: at a stop light. Those that have heard it or have it installed I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a bit more aggressive (lumpy) at idle but quiet especially when the car is warm.

Frankly the car should of sounded this way from the factory.

268Copperhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year I had a cat back system installed. It has a much better sound. But definitely louder. You can notice it inside the car. Mine is a vert.

It adds some meat to the sound of the car.

When you get up in the RPM's it really makes some noise. I would not want it to be any louder. But that is just me.

When I park it in my driveway I can see the grass move with the exhaust opens up.

You will love it. It does not sound like a muscle car. But it has some bark.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The SRT-10 with just a Corsa track is how the car should come from factory. It has some rumble, but sounds the way the car should. A little more tone at idle but not bad at all. Doesnt drone on freeway. Once above 3-4K rpms it really wakes up,but still not bad. Actually for alot of us, it still isnt loud enough alone. You will love it.

Now if you want more sound and want your car sounding like its **********, thats when you remove cats, or add headers. Then its screaming when your on it.
Regardless, GET the Corsa.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Highflows and corsa track, But I think I want louder but cant decide between the belanger's or B&B. OH I love the corsa's

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the Highflows and corsa track, But I think I want louder but cant decide between the belanger's or B&B. OH I love the corsa's

Try just removing the hi flow cats. Go catless. It sounds good, Loud. But still clean sounding,not raspy. Or do headers and lose your hearing. My buddy has Corsa with headers and its wicked.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Try just removing the hi flow cats. Go catless. It sounds good, Loud. But still clean sounding,not raspy. Or do headers and lose your hearing. My buddy has Corsa with headers and its wicked.

cant emissions every year and they use sniffers

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you know away to fool the sniffers thinking I have cat's, Im all ears

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My neighbor has Belanger headers, high flow cats and a Corsa Track. It's louder and sounds better than with out the headers.

To me - adding the headers to a catless Corsa Track took away some of the high pitched noise and made it a little louder at WOT...maybe it got a little deeper. My ears haven't been hurting like they did before the headers went on.

Do the headers.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thank you all!!! Im in Kentucky and they finally got rid of the E-check stations and law here! Yee Haaa!!

I'm not sure I am ready to loose the cats (concern it's too loud for me)but I do want to change the exhaust system out for a better sound. Did most of you have it done by a shop or do it yourself? I would do it myself but the welding part is where my limitations are. I don't know anyone who welds personally any thoughts on this would be apprecaited.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thank you all!!! Im in Kentucky and they finally got rid of the E-check stations and law here! Yee Haaa!!

I'm not sure I am ready to loose the cats (concern it's too loud for me)but I do want to change the exhaust system out for a better sound. Did most of you have it done by a shop or do it yourself? I would do it myself but the welding part is where my limitations are. I don't know anyone who welds personally any thoughts on this would be apprecaited.
put the system on yourself adjust the tips tighten the clamps and then drive to a muffler shop with the sills off and have them tack weld your pipes. I dont know how far you are from AB but maybe ask him to do it for you for a small fee.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam or AB in Crestwood Ky-NE of Louisville-put on my corsa track with stock cats. He also did the welding. If interested I can pm you his phone#. He also put on the Motons for me.

I really like the sound. I would say about 30% louder than stock.

268Copperhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The installation costs are not significant. Find someone that has done it before.

Make sure they are welded. If they are not they will fall off eventually.

Watch the tips. If they are not set out a bit it will burn the sill. The location is important.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Reminder to self.... DONT ever move to a State that has yearly smog checks.
Sorry to hear that,I guess it kinda limits what you can do.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiss if you get a chance PM me his number. I see your a KY guy also. Im up near cincinnati in Northern KY where a person is more likely to see a camel cross the road then a Viper. Anyway I would feel more comfortable with someone who has done it before if he isn't expensive.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
click on Miker, then click show all users posts....there are probably a dozen threads in there with sound clips.

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure they are welded. If they are not they will fall off eventually. Watch the tips. If they are not set out a bit it will burn the sill. The location is important.

Boy, that is the truth! That is some really good advice. Really watch this on the sills. :eek:

Don't know if any of you guys are looking for one of these exhausts but I just put one up yesterday in the classified section. corsa exhaust for sale

Just wanted to let you guys know. These things do sound cool. :headbang:

Thanks.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Make sure they are welded. If they are not they will fall off eventually. Watch the tips. If they are not set out a bit it will burn the sill. The location is important.

Boy, that is the truth! That is some really good advice. Really watch this on the sills. :eek:

Don't know if any of you guys are looking for one of these exhausts but I just put one up yesterday in the classified section. corsa exhaust for sale

Just wanted to let you guys know. These things do sound cool. :headbang:

Thanks.

Thats a REAL GOOD price. One of you guys should jump on it. I paid $ 1300 for mine back in July. :bonker:

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the Corsa Track installed aboout a week ago. I love it, sounds great. But i thought it would be louder. Everyoen said there is a drone, i dont hear any drone at all. I love it. I am using stock cats too.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got the Corsa Track installed aboout a week ago. I love it, sounds great. But i thought it would be louder. Everyoen said there is a drone, i dont hear any drone at all. I love it. I am using stock cats too.

I agree, NO drone at all. Its a nice sound, but remove the cats and replace with just 2 hiflows and you will get a little more tone. Remove all four cats and that Corsa will be screaming.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YellowViperSRT10 - are you using all 4 stock cats or did you have the secondary pair removed?

My original intention was to get the Corsa Track installed and take out 2 stock cats. Although everyone scared me when they said it is very loud as is with a lot of drone with 4 stock cats. Now I think I am use to it, and want it a bit louder. I think I may try taking 2 of the cats out and see how I like that way very soon.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Cindi for the Corsa exhaust (I bought it)! Now I have to figure out what configuration to go with. I don't really want to spend the $ for high flow cats and may just delete the secondary pair of stock cats and keep the primary pair of cats. Or I may go catless all together.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have the corsa track systtem. I am thinking about having the stock primary cats removed. But their was a very interesting thread by Final GTS on 10/9/06. #598981

This was very interesting info about which stock cat to remove. Just a post on that thread.

"As many of you know, and some don't, the SRT comes with 4 Catalytic Converters. The two upstream are Ceramic Substrate, and the two downstream are Metallic Substrate. Let me say that again; The two downstream are METALLIC SUBSTRATE..... The STOCK CATS are actually a 5" diameter substrate, while the RT cats are only 4"! What does that translate to? That means the STOCK CATS have 160% of the Cell-Surface area of the RT cats! Before some of you knowledgeable people call it, yes, the CPI (Cells Per Inch) is the SAME as RT. The key to getting the flow out of the stock cats is the size piping used with them, and cutting down the number from 4 to 2. The primarys are high flow, too, but from what I have seen, they start to come apart FAST. my pair was already showing signs of cell fracture at 12000 miles, with various cells plugged as a result. Not nearly enough to cause a problem- but you could bet your bottom dollar by 25000 miles it would cost you some power if the rate remained the same.

Well, thats just the parts. Getting it into the car is a whole 'nother ball game. Unfortunately, at this time, there does not appear to be any way to even get the parts to do this unless you have a set of RT cats first... as the correct 3" pipe, lip, bend, and hangers are all part of their setup. However, for someone who ever has a set fail, this is certainly the way to go: "

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is the sound very much louder when I remove the high flow cats and go catless with my corsa track?

YES!!!! But it sounds good. It took a little getting used to,but now it seems normal. You can cruise and its noticeable but not abnoxiuos, but once you are over 3-4K rpms, it roars like its **********. I love it. You will also gain a little power and torque by removing cats and going catless.
When I had RT cats and buddy was catless, he had me on the dyno by about 7hp up top and about 20-30 rwtq in the fat section 3-5K rpm range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine