another fxxxing ticket

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be the third for me this year!! The first two were driving on the highway and the NYS troopers wrote up for disregard sign. This one was by a Sheriff in a little crap town down the road from where I live. He said he clocked me doing 47 in a 35. My detector went off, I let up and looked down and saw 40. I think the ***** inflated the speed because I was in a Viper! So I am pleading innocent and requesting a supporting deposition. Any tricks to fighting this? I think he was using rador not laser.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man You gotta slow Down "Fast Dan". Be like me and just don't speed.
nono.gif

Also ask Lauri for pointers on speeding as he is a pro, at least you heard your radar detecter go off, he had his music up to loud.

Don't feel bad I got popped while working last week coming back from a meeting in my company Ford ****** Wagon. Thank God I only got failure to Obey Trafic Control Devices.

It's all a FU$$ING scam to take money and make jobs for state troopers.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACELLR8:

It's all a FU$$ING scam to take money and make jobs for state troopers.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's it.

We live in a police state and the public is letting it happen. Nazzis &lt;&lt;incorrect spelling intentional because of the pathetic moderation policies of this board, or rather "bored".

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
That's it.

We live in a police state and the public is letting it happen.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't agree more.
I haven't even posted the antics of the CPD when my girlfriend and I got arrested at the Browns/Steelers game last weekend in Cleveland for disorderly conduct.

I won't get into the details, but needless to say, it was a joke; they don't even care if I come to court, I got a "waiver" just like a speeding ticket.

I guess hastling Browns fans and giving speeding tickets MAKES MONEY for the city, while actually fighting crime COSTS MONEY. No surprises here. . .

OP
OP
D

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, I am going to try the calibration thing. The only catch is it may work against you if it is up to date. At least its in NY and I live in PA so it won't go against my insurance or license. Just P1sses me off they inflated the speed!!

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point even if the calibration is up to date, you have nothing to lose. As a last ditch effort, you may also try to plea bargain with the court on the points and/or fine. One last bit of bad news, and you can check this with others, but NJ, PA and NY have a tristate reciprocity agreement when it comes to tickets. Worse case pay the ticket quickly and it may get lost in the quagmire of paper and never makes its way back to NJ....it worked for me 5 years ago when I got my 92 in a 55 mph zone in PA...again Good Luck!!!

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad news for some of ya! The NDR is now nationwide.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/perform/driver/

Link above.

Almost every state. I got 3 tickets when I lived in NJ for 3 years, I moved (thank God) back to Texas. Flash forward 12 years: They did a routine check on a DL renewel and found my NJ license had been suspended about 5 years earlier. So even though my license was valid when I left NJ, and my Texas DL was always valid, they (Texas DPS) sent me a letter saying they were gonna cancel my Texas DL if I did not pay NJ. I asked for a hearing and they said I am not entitled to one. I called the Texas DPS legal dept and they said "get a lawyer" and the only hearing I could get was in NJ. So Texas "convicted" me on a NJ ticket. I was not entitled to due process. Their lawyer sounded a little nervous when I said that, but since she would be immune herself from a lawsuit, she stuck to her guns. What if they had the wrong guy? What if it was a mistake? It did not matter to them. I had to get a NJ lawyer and spend 2 grand. (1 ticket was for more than a traffic violation, hehe) So there you have it. We live in a WORSE state than Naz1 Germany. Does anybody really believe "papers please" spoken in German is any different then "license and registraion" in English? I think not. I got pulled over on my HD just to see if I had a license. I question the legality of the stop and he said he would show me the law. I didn't argue. I went home and looked it up. IT WAS LEGAL! I hate Cops. Our government sux. 'Nuff said. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NJVIPER:
At this point even if the calibration is up to date, you have nothing to lose. As a last ditch effort, you may also try to plea bargain with the court on the points and/or fine. One last bit of bad news, and you can check this with others, but NJ, PA and NY have a tristate reciprocity agreement when it comes to tickets. Worse case pay the ticket quickly and it may get lost in the quagmire of paper and never makes its way back to NJ....it worked for me 5 years ago when I got my 92 in a 55 mph zone in PA...again Good Luck!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, Yellow RT/10s look like they are doing 50 sitting at a curb. If you had a tan Neon your post would not exist...PROWLER..

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend tried this and it worked. If you get a Lawyer, have him/her get the calibration records for the policeman's radar unit in his vehicle. Electronics are very touchy and need to be re-calibrated often due to fluxuation. Many times you will find they are not up-to-date with these calibrations therefore infrequent calibrations = potential for inaccurate radar readings...the Lawyer will have a field day with this!!!!! Good Luck....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang