ANOTHER GROUP BUY ON HIDS- LOWEST SO FAR!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have found a vendor you can buy HIDS from on a group buy. He is willing to sell them for $249.00 for a set plus shipping. ($9.99 per box).

I am waiting for the details. Anyone out there want them for your fog lights or low beams? You need 9005 and I would stay with the 6000K range.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
can u put HID's in the high beams????
The reason why car manufacturers do not put HID's in the high beams is due to their slow start-up. It takes a few seconds for HID's to come all of the way on. Combine that with the high start-up current of HIDs - somewhere just under 20 amps per ballast/bulb (then they drop to around 35W/bulb or 3 amps as they come up to full brightness). That might be something to consider, if, for example, you ever use your high beams to "flash" or signal someone, as I'm guessing it would no longer be possible, and an attempt to "flash" repeatedly would pull a lot of current in surges.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
can u put HID's in the high beams????
The reason why car manufacturers do not put HID's in the high beams is due to their slow start-up. It takes a few seconds for HID's to come all of the way on. Combine that with the high start-up current of HIDs - somewhere just under 20 amps per ballast/bulb (then they drop to around 35W/bulb or 3 amps as they come up to full brightness). That might be something to consider, if, for example, you ever use your high beams to "flash" or signal someone, as I'm guessing it would no longer be possible, and an attempt to "flash" repeatedly would pull a lot of current in surges.

I would have to agree with Randy on this one...it's would'nt be a good idea to do that I think you could maybe do damage by trying to flicker the lights...if you were going to leave the hi beams on..I guess that would be okay, but you would have a lot ********** people coming at ya. :eek:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be interested.

Ab, where did you mount everything for the HIDs in the fog light area?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know you will need the 9004 for low and for the fog, I will have to find out. I actually put 9004 in my fog lights...but I have an aftermarket 5 3/4" lens

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression it was a group buy for the kit only - you have to buy the bulbs seperatly.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression it was a group buy for the kit only - you have to buy the bulbs seperatly.

It wouldn't be much of a "kit" if you have to buy the bulbs separately.

Every "kit" I have purchased has included the bulbs.