Another what's it worth thread

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone who has a viper should be very happy, they should be thrilled if they dont have to sell it anytime in the future.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's sad as it is always the same people responding too negatively or positively; both using personal opinion and using that as factual information. "It's fair market." blah blah blah.

We aren't in econ 101 and ebay isn't the only place to buy a viper. I was just outside in my garage and was looking over my viper. To me, it is worth more than what I paid for it. That is all that counts at the end of the day.

Cars will go up in value given enough time. This car is timeless because of it's design and also because of the curves which always age better than edgy cars. Consequently, I think it is pretty illogical to think the viper will be excluded from eventual appreciation.

So basically, if you have to sell now, then don't ask what it is worth, find out yourself. Try Hemmings, AT, CL, kijiji and this site. Try your dealer as some people have better luck with dealers right now.

Finally, if people have to "sell now" it isn't necessarily an indication of car value. It could be that 20 year old kids finally got their "dream car" and realized they can't afford the ps2's and Viper Tax and are selling. It could mean that someone could afford the car and lost their job, is moving, is having a baby, is moving on up....etc. There are way more factors now than ever before that are prompting quick car sales and this isn't exclusive to the viper. When market conditions improve and people have more confidence in buying toys....you won't see beautiful rare and desirable cars like the OP has going for 30k.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
these threads are so useless, and filled with terrible info.... DO a search on autotrader,cars.com,etc.. Find a median price range for your year,color,miles,etc that will at least generate some calls. (I say calls, because most of the time emails are from timewasters) someone seriously interested WILL call you.

Once you and the prospect(s) connect. Then figure out what each of you is willing to accept as a fair deal. Done.

Agrred with Bill.. Allow time... If you need to sell in 2 days, pick up the phone. Call a dealer, and they will buy it at wholesale.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my last 2 Vipers in a couple of weeks each. Nice clean cars with desirable colors and I priced them reasonably. Like anything in life, price it right and it will sell quickly.

I had interest in a silver/blue ACR out my way, but with 12k miles, original tires and no mods he was asking $58k:omg: Had he priced it realistically it would be in my garage right now:cool:

aquaholic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my last 2 Vipers in a couple of weeks each. Nice clean cars with desirable colors and I priced them reasonably. Like anything in life, price it right and it will sell quickly.

I had interest in a silver/blue ACR out my way, but with 12k miles, original tires and no mods he was asking $58k:omg: Had he priced it realistically it would be in my garage right now:cool:

lowballers

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of them!!! Do not blame them, but buying a Gen IV and giving up the Gen Ii does not put me in the fire sale mood,for my taste it is a lateral trade and if the market is too low on mine I'll keep it definitely less performance but unquestionably better looking! No offense intended to other gen owners!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960