Another Woodward pictorial

Un'sidepiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hisserman, sent you PM!

It was a great time we all had a lot of fun! I have never seen a car show so huge! Hope to do it again next year!

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone else read the Porsche will no longer import the Carrera GT due to Govt. asking for more crash test data. Does anyone that pays 400k for a car care about crash test data? I know if I buy that car and get t boned I am a gonner.

I agree with Porsche's assessment that wrecking 400k cars is not worth the effort to sell a few more in the US. Interstingly enough Germany's auto fatality rate is lower that of the US's.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like DC is finialy showing a coupe that is lowered. From what I remember, all other photos I've seen of it (non photo chopped) have LOTS of space in the wheel wells. That red one looks like it should. The new rear end rocks! Much more exciting than the vert at the rear.

Still not impressed with the new coupe. So they couldn't spring some extra money to tool up a new rear tail light? It sure looks a lot like the Gen II lights.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Did anyone else read the Porsche will no longer import the Carrera GT due to Govt. asking for more crash test data. Does anyone that pays 400k for a car care about crash test data? I know if I buy that car and get t boned I am a gonner.

I agree with Porsche's assessment that wrecking 400k cars is not worth the effort to sell a few more in the US. Interstingly enough Germany's auto fatality rate is lower that of the US's.

Yes. It's due to the 2006 smart airbag requirements and having to engineer two-stage airbags and crash cars again for certification. Seems to me Porsche management should have been a little smarter and met the smart airbag requirements in the original production certification and then they could have had a longer production run and made more money and a better ROCC.

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael --

You are right, it is a Monotipo. The other Michael (SylvanSRT) pointed it out earlier. Looks like a great car -- we could never get up close to it during the Cruise because of the heavy traffic.