Anti-Toe Brackets 96-02 Vipers

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another new product from Dave's Big Brakes:D

Anti-toe Brackets for 96-02 Vipers
Stop the flex in your rear suspension when braking with these new anti-toe brackets. Installs in minutes and your flex is gone.
Vipers experience up to 1/2" of rear wheel toe-in during heavy braking, making your Viper unstable, these work great with all high powered & track Vipers.

Installed by Catwood

DVS-040 $199.95
www.davesbigbrakes.com
858-382-4713

Dealers
A&C Performance
Archer Racing
DC performance
Parts Rack
Tator's Dodge
West Coast Viper

Anti-Toe_Carl_Installed.jpg

Anti-Toe_Brkts_1.jpg

Tools.jpg

Last edited:

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
less than an hour with moving the car from one garage to the other, gettting out the jack and stand then trying to figure out where it all goes.

Sequence is:
Jack up rear and secure on jack stands

Remove rear tires

Remove nut from differential mount, leave bolt in place

Remove nut from OEM Tie rod bracket, remove bolt, nothing moved just the nut and bolt came out.

Put jack under differential. (not sure if really needed but I did it anyway)

Remove remaining bolt from diff brace, put bolt through new bracked (round hole) and reinstall nut finger tight.

Reinstall lower bolt and nut through the new bracket and OEM tie rod bracket.

tighten everyting.

Repeat other side.

Put tires back on and torque.

On a side note, I have not tracked the car yet with these but looking at the thin sheet metal OEM bracket I'm not surprised if things are moving around. Results in October.

Carl

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this work on the driver's side if you have the rear frame strut (998-999 recall) installed?

PS - that's a pretty heavy Viper tax for 12 oz of sheet metal.

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the recall, I think this kit is right side only, I'll ck with my supplier.

Each side is different:eater: and if you can build them cheaper, let me know:2tu:

Big Brake Dave:drive:

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car is a 2000 so it didn't need the recall on the rear. There is a slight difference in the brackets. One is marked left.

BTW.....they might be more like 14 oz.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the recall, I think this kit is right side only, I'll ck with my supplier.

Each side is different:eater: and if you can build them cheaper, let me know:2tu:

I looked at what Archer was selling for $200 several years ago and decided to do my own for MUCH less. They are left and right-handed, but the left one had to go after the frame strut went in. They are a very good modification.

The thing about marketing is to pick the price level that customers can stand and still perceive value. Like when I was in the camcorder bracket business - they cost me about $20 to fabricate, and I wanted to sell something useful for the Viper that didn't cost over $100. I couldn't build enough of them. Out of about 60 sold, one guy complained it was too heavy, another thought he wasn't getting enough for his money. He never sent it back though.

You're making some nice pieces and for the most part, fairly priced. Best of luck to you Dave!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...... Like when I was in the camcorder bracket business - they cost me about $20 to fabricate, and I wanted to sell something useful for the Viper that didn't cost over $100. I couldn't build enough of them. .......

Dead Prez Dean: Please consider 'trading' your camera bracket specs or model to Dave for production/resurrection? That was indeed a handy product and we referred a bunch to you. I am not aware of any "viper-designed" camera bracket, just a few generics......

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dead Prez Dean: Please consider 'trading' your camera bracket specs or model to Dave for production/resurrection? That was indeed a handy product and we referred a bunch to you. I am not aware of any "viper-designed" camera bracket, just a few generics......

PM sent:omg: to Dead Prez Dean:D Work's for me

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have one of Dean's camera brackets. Works great!:)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn:omg: caught red handed:lmao: :lmao: Where's my template for the cowl:D Did you ever do that fan deal:dunno:

Just waiting for my mesh screen to arrive so I can make some pieces. In the meantime, I'm busy looking for work so I can earn some discretionary income to spend on your fine products. :2tu:

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jay,

Do you have a picture :D

Thanks Dave:drive:

I just tried to find the old pics. Can't find them. I think we did something for the "illustrated upgrades" section on the old Viper Club website, but the link is dead now.

I think we had pictures that show the installation process. I'll do some more digging at home. My car is not at the house right now, or I'd take pictures for you.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yesterday I got to run Willowsprings for the first time since installing these brackets. Going into turn one which is the heaviest brake area I noticed a good improvment in the stablility of the car. Where as before with the bumps in that area the car would tend to dance around quite abit now it seem to stay straight and true. It was also noticable in the 2nd heavist brake area which is going into turn 3. I no longer downshift into 2nd for that corner which also helps but the car was much more stable for turn in on that corner as well. I'll review my data logger and see if the braking Gs are any higher. Since I was on really really old Toyo's it might not be a good comparison. I'll be on freasher ones in November and can also check again then.

Here's a picture of them. If you look really close...maybe.

naw...I just wanted to post the pic

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude