Any any OBDII experts decode?

GreyKnight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi All,
I just finished installing a corsa cat back on my 00 GTS. Took about 6 hours with home tools...anyway. The next morning, engine threw a code, P0135 02 Heater Circuit, Bank 1, Sensor 1.

So I believe the heater on the o2 sensor has malfunctioned. What I'm confused about is the location of Bank 1, Sensor 1.

How many o2 sensors on the car, 4?
Bank 1, Sensor 1...is that front, drivers side, on the header?

Thanks in advance.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are 4 sensors on my 96 GTS. I can't find a reference to which one is bank1, sensor 1.
I did find a reference for bank 2 sensor 1 being the Upstream Passenger side. So I would think that 1/1 would up the upstream ( before cat) drivers side as you suggest.

The manual states that the O2 sensor must be replaced if the heater resistance ( 2 white wires) is not between 4 and 7 Ohms.

Last edited:

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are 4 sensors.

Bank 1 is the bank with cylinder #1, so that is the driver side. Bank 2 is the passenger side.

Sensor 1 is the sensor closest to the engine (in the collector of the header), sensor 2 is after the catalytic converter.

If you are still running the stock exhaust header, you probably have a bad sensor. If you installed headers at some point, you may need to move the sensor up on the header tube or get a quickfire O2 sensor.

OP
OP
G

GreyKnight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks,
I could understand sensor 2 going out as I replaced the exhaust with Corsa, but the header and cat are stock and I never touched the o2 sensor there. Anyway, thanks for the replies. I'll place an order for a o2 sensor and see how it goes. Hopefully the o2 sensor sockets out nicely without much force.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try clearing the code and letting the car warm up before you drive it. That seems to help mine. If I start her up cold and drive away, the next time I start it I get the error code. I also have sims in mine.

Best of luck.

:usa:

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks,
I could understand sensor 2 going out as I replaced the exhaust with Corsa, but the header and cat are stock and I never touched the o2 sensor there. Anyway, thanks for the replies. I'll place an order for a o2 sensor and see how it goes. Hopefully the o2 sensor sockets out nicely without much force.

An o2 sensor socket will not work for the front as the wire just barely clear the oil pan. At least my socket would not slip on.

You will have to use a 7/8th inch crows foot or open end wrench. Shouldn't be any problem backing it out as they are installed with anti sieze compound. Mine came out easy enough.

Here is something else to check out.
http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...em-headers-2000-newer-experiment-results.html

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...-drilling-out-o2-sensors-any-precautions.html

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro.../559804-quick-fire-o2-sensors-back-stock.html

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see my post above about drilling out the sensors. I throw a hard code 0135 about every 4 cold engine starts, and have since about 1K miles after the Belanger install. This weekend while I have the car in the air for some fresh Mobil 1 I'm going to yank the front sensors and drill them.

I'll report back the results. Won't take long. Premium driving season known as Fall and Winter are nearly upon us here in Texas!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS