Any convoy going West on I-30 thru Texarkana to Dallas?

jurassic96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning on driving my '96 Blue/white stripe GTS to Dallas tomorrow (Wednesday) for VOI.8, picking up I-30 in Texarkana. I've had a few issues with my car just in the last week that appear to be resolved (shredded nearly-new serpentine belt, has been replaced; also had a small oil leak that mysteriously ceased leaking), but am still not 100% confident I might not have a problem on the trip over. My plan is to go to Dallas Dodge for a good checking-over when I first pull into Dallas.

But for the time being, I would sure feel a lot safer if I could hook up with a group of Vipers (and possibly with trailers) heading West through Texarkana on I-30 heading to Big D. I figured there may be a contingent rolling through that way coming from Little Rock or further to the Northeast that I could jump in with.

Texarkana is only about an hour's drive for me, so I could meet up with any group rolling in from about 10am on.

Would sure appreciate the opportunity to ride in with a group, but, needless to say, would need to know something ASAP so I can coordinate and come up with a place to meet you.

Really looking forward to this event!

I will be checking the forum regularly, but also - feel free to e-mail me personally at both these addresses (one is home, other is work, so please put both in your "sending to" box):

[email protected] (office - will be here 'til about 4:30pm today)
[email protected] (home - will be at this address after 5pm today)

Many thanks, and hope to hear from someone soon....

Keith DuPriest
Magnolia, Arkansas
VCA # 16394
AR/LA/MS region VCA
'96 Blue/White stripe Viper GTS

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Can't help with the convoy...our Region's group staying just west of Memphis tonight, on I-40.

" (shredded nearly-new serpentine belt, has been replaced; also had a small oil leak that mysteriously ceased leaking)"

CHECK all your pulleys!!!

In advance, have the number of a flatbed auto hauler...and hope that you don't need it.

HOPEFULLY, your trip will go well...ENJOY VOI.8

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
P.S. assuming that you find nothing wrong with pulleys...hope to find spare belt for your car, and shorter one (such as 99 ACR with A/C delete) just in case a P/S or A/C pulley rears it's ugly head on the road...maybe you can rig around it.

Also take a long 15mm box wrench..to use on tensioner pulley for belt installation.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just examine the pulleys (with negative battery cable disconnected, and serpentine belt off) to look for obvious trouble...alignment, cracks (for instance, I believe your model is the transition to a plastic power steering pulley), and abnormal motion. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala