Any cool Garages out there?

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wandering if anyone has created a super cool garage for there Vipers? If so how about some pics. I was just wandering because I just tiled my floor with race deck tiles. Looks Great!! Well lets see them. Thaks, Dave

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just starting on mine. RaceDeck in red and white checkerboard is coming, as well as white cabinets with red borders. The snake head and letters will be the central focal point.

You must be registered for see images

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is cut aluminum w/brushed finish. I'm going to paint a border around each letter to make it stand out.

The guy mentioned above, Jerry, from Central Cali has the Taj Mahal or Spelling Mansion of all garages. If he doesn't see this post, do a search under RT/GTS discussions on garages. You've really got to see it! I'll see if I can find the link.

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe that garage is real...Hats off. Looks like there is a conversation piece any place you look.

I'll second superdavz...can I live there, too?

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ears were ringing... Ok - I have tinitus - they are always ringing...

Thanks for the kind words Tracy and RX Viper.

Great Garage Russ!

Here are a few photos of the Viper pit and garage.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Jerry, you're pushing me to improve my garage to greater heights. Your garage is spectacular. It offers aspects that are different than mine. I used lifts to maximize the number of cars I could put in the garage. Doing that always compromises the "look" of the garage, but what else could I do? Shortly, I'll have 4 Vipers alone in the garage. I guess I'm going to have to move the fire truck to a storage facility. I still have all the other cars as well. I'd love to see more pictures! Will you be at any California Viper Days Jan-March? http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=297533&Forum=All_Forums&Words=My%20Garage&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=296720&Search=true#Post297533

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, are you people "rich" to put it simply to be able to afford all these things? Be honest....Not to be a [******] or anything it's ust something I myself wish wo aspire to...lol

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm working on my new garage right now.... an "average Jay's" shop. But that does not mean I don't aspire to ultimate garages like Russ's and Jerry's. I'm doing all the labor myself, wired it for lighting this weekend, and begin putting up the 5/8 drywall board for the cieling tomorrow. When complete it will be a nice four-car 24' x 44'. My favorite video tape is the Home and Garden channel's "Dream Garages"........

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that a lot of guys want nice garages (duh), so here's my .02 as far as bang for the buck. Get the right lighting in your garage from the start. You can always redo the floor or the walls, but once the wiring is in for the lights, it's a major job to change it. Use either incandescent or halogen lights on a dimmer system. Lutron makes a pretty good system (a bit pricey) which can be programmed to light "scenes." You can have some lights brighter than others in the scene and they all go on to your preselected level with the touch of one button. There are two different systems to accomplish this. The Radio RA Lutron system for pre-existing wiring and the "Homeworks" Lutron system if you're building new construction (all lights need to be home runned to a central place so that the Lutron computer can control them individually). Bottom line is that florescent lights or regular bulbs just won't make it. Lighting is 50% of the mood created in your garage. (Of course, a Comp Coupe never hurt the ambience).

Lutron Web Site

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OOOppps...sorry Jerry, I just noticed you have florescent lights. The change would be worth it if you are ever so inclined. The cars look so much softer and like they are in your living room when under dimmed incandescent lighting.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ - you're right about the lights. When I built our home I had not thought about doing anything in the garage other than park our cars. Once I dove into the Viper world, I started collecting Viper memorabilia. It began in the back Viper pit and then just started leaking out into the other areas of the garage. The change in lighting is on my list for this year. Maybe in the next month or so.

Did you know you can now purchase a Viper Love Seat? Better make room for one!

I hope to attend at least one or two of the California Viper Days events next year. I really do need more seat time in the Comp Coupe. Hope to see you there!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform Sells the Viper Sofa, it's perfect for the "Oasis"......

Russ, now you've got me rethinking my lighting.... before the drywall goes up :)

ultgar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice work......I've been building my own for 2 years. Still much to do on the inside. As far as lighting goes, I am using indirect florescent lighting (120' of 4100k/85cri T5's) complemented by MR16 and PAR halogens (the later are dimable). There is also 48' of Color Kinetic RBG LED lighting which can be tuned to any of 16.7m different colors. Florescent gives the best light for the least cost and you can play with lamp color temperatures (3400k, 4100k, 5000k, etc) to enhance the color of your car. Lutron does make some great lighting control systems. I'm using Crestron (a local company) to control all my lighting, AV, security, etc.

As a garage designer, I hope to have a lot of these items on display for perspective clients. SD

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ultgar: that has got to be the coolest looking garage I've ever seen (at least the outside of it does!)

Nice F40....

OP
OP
S

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it took me long enough to figure out how to post a pic but I'm good to go now. My garage is not even in the same catagory as the others on this page but here you go.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SAKES ALIVE!

I've been wanting to say that for some time...

Some of you guys have some KILLER garages - truly stunning! I thought mine was pretty okay but now I have garage envy...great. :)

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No pics, unless I can find them somewhere packed up, but the house we just moved from had a 6 car air conditioned garage but it wasn't done up all fancy like some of you guys, damn some of have awsome designs. The only special thing but ours was that 2 of the bays stuck out from the side of the house from the other 4 and had a large window overlooking the intracoastal. We never even used it to park our cars, the trailer for our Fountain, and trailers for the jet ski's and jetboat took up all the room.

Jeez, the rest of you have like custom lighting, lifts, race flooring, probably thousands of $$$ of tools lol, multiple Vipers, and freaking Fire Trucks parked in the garage :eek:

Sir Fang - you have a mean looking Comp Coupe there, awsome paint job. So whats the Viper pit, is it like your garage and entertainment/food area put together or something lol?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New Photo

Looks like that "Justification For a Higher Education" poster I had on my wall in college ('cept better cars)!