Any Gen I's running a............

G

grcforce327

Any Gen I\'s running a............

catch can and eliminating the PCV without the can filling up with oil quickly???

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Any Gen I\'s running a............

Yes.
I'm more worried it NOT filling fast enough...
However I am getting oil out of my dipstick.

3114DSCN4421-med.JPG

3114DSCN4423-med.JPG

3114DSCN4424-med.JPG

OP
OP
G

grcforce327

That pressure has to relieve itself somewhere.Anyone running with an NA motor???

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

gforce,

i have a system designed by PBJ, which has been on my car for about 2500 miles. I have yet to empty the catch can. I am supercharged though, not na. Give Joe a call, he can set you up if needed.

martyb

OP
OP
G

grcforce327

gforce,

i have a system designed by PBJ, which has been on my car for about 2500 miles. I have yet to empty the catch can. I am supercharged though, not na. Give Joe a call, he can set you up if needed.

martyb

Hey Marty,I have PBJ'S setup(sig).Need a response from a NA setup on a GenI.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

grcforce,

do you have the factory baffles in the valve covers?? I see you have jesels, don't know if they fit with factory baffles or not. Just a thought.

martyb

OP
OP
G

grcforce327

grcforce,

do you have the factory baffles in the valve covers?? I see you have jesels, don't know if they fit with factory baffles or not. Just a thought.

martyb

Yes they are in.I thought about putting a square pcv chambered baffle on the driver side valve cover below the hole.Still want feedback from an NA Gen I.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

grcforce,

what kind of numbers are you putting down with your NA setup?

OP
OP
G

grcforce327

grcforce,

what kind of numbers are you putting down with your NA setup?

Still waiting on my fuel rail system,after the powdercoater messed up my intake by media blasting the injector bores!

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

mine doesn't fill up fast at all. I do have a problem with it blowing out the dipstick tho...I don't understand why it tries to blow out the dipstick when the catch can is open to the atmosphere. The engine must run with a vacuum on the pcv valve to keep it from puking out the dipstick, which means, it is built with blowby in the engine. Which tells me that alot of oil was going right back into the intake...
I couldn't get the dipstick to quit leaking so I just put a rubber plug on the tube after I pulled the stick out. Blowby has to come out the catch can system now.

OP
OP
G

grcforce327

mine doesn't fill up fast at all. I do have a problem with it blowing out the dipstick tho...I don't understand why it tries to blow out the dipstick when the catch can is open to the atmosphere. The engine must run with a vacuum on the pcv valve to keep it from puking out the dipstick, which means, it is built with blowby in the engine. Which tells me that alot of oil was going right back into the intake...
I couldn't get the dipstick to quit leaking so I just put a rubber plug on the tube after I pulled the stick out. Blowby has to come out the catch can system now.

Keep an eye out for oil coming out of any seals if to much pressure builds.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Mitch,
if the catch can line from the valve cover to the can is small(like mine is, about 3/8") under full throttle, there is too much pressure for the build up to escape. When driving around, I use a K&N breather oil cap to help get rid of the excess pressure under load. Makes a huge difference. Just watch for drops of oil coming out of the K&N cap and dripping on the valve cover and then moving down the block.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will do that. The only time it pushes oil out dipstick is wide open throttle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi