Any ideas on V.O.I. 9 in 18 months????

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I know, lets get v.o.i. 8 out of the way first, but Im curious on where you think number 9 will take place (not where you WISH it would) and hopefully the new gts coupe for the street will be out then.

BS99GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a thought.......VOI-7 was at the Opryland (a Gaylord property), VOI-8 is going to be at the Gaylord Texan, maybe VOI-9 will be at the other Gaylord property which is in Orlando, Florida; The Gaylord Palms. I have been there and it is a beautiful resort but may not be large enough.

However there could have been a long term contract negotiated/written with price concessions for all three events.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOW ABOUT A WEST COAST LOCATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and do not tell me this is it.

It's time DODGE!!@#$!#$&^#%&(%&*)%^&* Listen up already. Makes me crazy, they wonder why the west coast (Northwest mostly) is not showing up, but they fail to understand that they have had the all the VOI's since 1999 no where near the west coast. The only ones that can go are the retired and the wealthy. I want to go more than anyone can imagine, but being so far away it makes it impossible.

This one is still NOT SOLD out and it's only days to go. As a matter of fact they have continued to sell tickets well past the cut off date. WAKE UP DODGE and think about it. If it was in Vegas this thing would be have been double booked months ago.

The kick backs the executives must be getting for using the gayplace hotels better be worth it. Who at Dodge has so much stock in the Gaylord properties that they can't see straight?

Yes, I'm bent I can't go. It will be fun for all those who can go and I do wish I was there.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody, isn't Vegas near the West coast? If you know of a location on the West side that can hold 1000 vipers and 1,500-2,000 people then you should send that in as a suggestion. If they ever do another one you can bet they will look for those specs as the starting point. I wish my back yard was bigger!

Chicago will not make it, we proved that the taffic would not be Viper friendly.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I am still suggesting Colorado Springs -- Vipers in the Mountains is just too much to keep passing up ( and there are both Road Courses, and drag strips near by ).

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about the vent.

It doesn't need to be in my home city or state. I would just like it to be within a 2 day drive of some major west coast cities like Seattle or Portland. Both of which are further away to VOI 8 than Ney York City or Miami.

Vegas works becasue of the vast amount of hotels and great track locations. It's not ON the west coast, but it's really close to Cali and only 1 or 2 day drive for the rest of the west coast. That way the the rest of the country can still go. And furthermore the people that do fly in can do it for about as cheap as you can go anywhere. The ONLY problem and reason it will not be in Vegas is there is not a Gaylord hotel there.

Vegas has the rooms, tracks and space around town to handle us better than any other city in the lower 48 and at a cost that no other city can touch, but they have no Gaylord.

So, I suggest LAS VEGAS knowing full well that there is not a Gaylord hotel in that city.

And giving us a zone event there will not make me happy. I want to go to VOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warning, this is likely not a politically correct post:

I agree with Cody, the west coast folks have been getting the shaft.....

If there is another VOI, I'd say it would be at Monterey (spelling?) again. That way the hotel can still be expensive (this sentance is a joke, so you can now chuckle). This time it would not be the weekend of the Historics and Pebble Beach because VOI is so big, hotel rooms would not be available.

Not so sure there will be a Dodge Sponsored VOI.9..... that is one reason I'm going to Dallas instead of using the money for a four post lift I've been dreaming about :) But everyone seems to think this every VOI, starting as long back as VOI.1

It is amazing to me that VOI.8 is occuring at all, The Viper community lost one huge advocates when DCX lost Wolfgang. Yes the car is still the Dodge "Halo" vehicle, but the corporation is not hiring from the outside, and tightening its belt. VOI's are expensive, I have no dobt they cost in the millions to hold (for DCX). If there is another VOI, it may be a different event in scope and size......but so far every VOI has got bigger, so there is certainly a reason to keep doing them!

So here is the question, what would be your perfect VOI?

My vote would be a VOI like VOI.1 .. It was a ball visiting the Viper Factory, The Tech Center, haulin' *** on the Michigan back roads, having lots of time to chat with DCX execs. This time we could visit SRT and maybe do road racing at Gingerman (quite a drive) or the testing grounds and drag racing too.... It would not need to be expensive either... VOI.1 was not... for those attending or those holding the event. Other than the final banquet at Meadowbrook Halls, and the buses to haul attendees around, and the tickets to the Michigan something race, the fun per dollar ratio seemed silly high.

VOI.1 had a nice personable size too. I think I met everyone that attended over the span of the weekend.

My perfect VOI? Two and a half or three day event, personable in size, at least two "half hour's" of track time on a nice road course with an instructor, drag racing, a car show and tech seminars, parties, a real road rally, and an awards banquest with lots of giveaways.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody and others, I just couldn't let this thread conclude without stepping up to defend Dodge and Viper Headquarters, since they generally don't reply to something like this.

While I can certainly understand your feelings, there are things you just don't know. The original prospective list for this invitational was heavily laden with western cities. Unfortunately, the staggeringly complicated logistics of making everything fit together, taking into account hotel needs, available track dates, availability of other things like all the Skip Barber people, Dodge and DCX executives, the DCX vehicles for us to play with, Reliable shipping situations, seasonal and weather considerations, etc., etc., etc., etc.,........... came down to three finalists. Two in the west (one was Vegas) and Dallas. While I've been lobbying for a VOI in Dallas FOREVER because of its perfectly central location and terrific facilities, I was the first one to say that Vegas would be fine if Dallas didn't work. Who DOESN'T like to play in Las Vegas? In the final analysis, I happen to know they tried like crazy to make Vegas happen...... hoping to make west coast people happy. But..... Vegas would not work, and Dallas did. Dallas almost DID NOT either, but a lot of people went to work to change some major plans and it finally all came together.

You have no idea what VCA Headquarters, JR Thompson, and all the factory people had to go through to even make this VOI happen. Please think about that before feeling too shafted.

I would love to go west again...... if there IS an "again". Be very glad we're getting another chance to show the DCX entourage how much we appreciate their efforts. If anyone out west is staying home...... "just to show them"!, I think they're hurting themselves way more.

Thanks to DCX for the party...... heck, I'll go to Death Valley in July if that's what it takes to make another one happen!

:2tu:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reading this post makes me sad. I am glad to be going to another VOI. It is a great experience. If Dodge does not support another VOI, it makes one wonder about the future of vipers and VCA.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to DCX for the party...... heck, I'll go to Death Valley in July if that's what it takes to make another one happen!
:2tu:

Maybe we are going to Death Valley, but WITH high humidity. Have you checked the advance temperature predictions for Dallas during VOI8? -- 93 degrees every day. That ought to give my 3M a workout!

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote for Vegas ...

1. Maybe some of us could win a GTS 2006 on a Jackpot at Flamingo :)

2. We could hold a street race on I-95 at 3AM

3. Then we could all go for a $1.99 breakfast somewhere on Freemont street.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote for 'VOI Europe' for the in-between years :2tu:
fast roads great tracks and fantastic beer, in Germany anyway :D

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote for 'VOI Europe' for the in-between years
fast roads great tracks and fantastic beer, in Germany anyway

YES-YES-YES!

whitesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

:2tu: Yeah, this is an EXCELLENT idea :headbang:

Just imagine, that you can ride your Viper WITHOUT speed limits on (some parts) of the Autobahn :shocked: :D

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we could all go to Hockenheim !
Hey guys in Europe ... make this a real event !!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
our club president Paul, met a few of the other presidents at Hokenhiem only a few months ago, the fatal weekend when Marcus should of been there but lost his GTS :( they discussed a big euro meet, I'm sure the German region with their contacts can easily get some kind of support from DC :2tu:

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Miami, FL. would work. The road coarse at Homestead is a great track. Moroso close by for drag racing. Then of coarse South Beach to hang out with way more to do. Night cruise down the main strip would be a blast where there would be celebs. and lots of other exotic cars. :2tu: :headbang: :usa:

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmmmmm. An "off year" VOI type event in Europe?

Hmmmmm.

Ya know....... think about something. Considering the high entry cost for a real VOI, plus travel expenses, etc....... most of us over here easily shell out $2-3k to do that.

Heck, I have pretty cheap airfare to Europe out of Dallas. If you guys could set up some great hotel package rates and banquet stuff on your own...... I'll bet us USA guys could have a very enjoyable week somewhere over there...... maybe for the same money or even less??????

Ok...... so, one of you own a BIG boat we could borrow to get the cars over there and back? :D

Actually..... many of us might be willing to come over to visit without our cars for some special kind of event like that.... done so it didn't cost a fortune to hang out with you for a while. I would have done a Lemans package in the past when Oreca was the team to beat, but could not afford those BIG bucks involved for THAT deal.

Am I nuts? What do you guys think???? :shocked:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just like something within reason for driving distance from NY. If Nascar is able to hold races at great tracks in the northeast, why can't we hold an event? I know, I know....we need a big fancy hotel. So I guess Pocono is out.

There's nothing up near Watkins that can hold a huge crowd. I've been up there. What about Lime Rock? I'll tell you something else.....unless I'm mistaken, there used to be a Grand Prix that was held at the Meadowlands in NJ. I know there are plenty of big hotels there, as well as close proximity to NYC!

Andrew

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about Indianapolis? The 500 track, Indiapolis Raceway Park, Great hotels, restaurants, nightlife, etc.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A day on the Nurburgring in the Viper would be Heaven! The drive there and back would be AWESOME. Making all the Mercs and Audis move over at 175+! Shipping would be high, the 'nervous' factor of 21 days at sea.....

Then there's gas prices of well over $5 a gallon, and the current bad exchange rate. $2-$3K would be a low estimate IMO.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always wanted a weekend cruise (on a ship) with a great road and drag strip near by to hold an event at before and after the cruise. Everyone told me I was nuts. The good thing is that it would HAVE to happen on one of the coasts!

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hotlanta or Vegas, no gaylordhotel & a PARTY friendly cities.

If you came to our Zone meet you know we know how to throw a bash. Road atlanta, Atlanta Dragway, Chatueau Elan, The ga Mountain roads all within 3 exits of each other.