Any Ideas???

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a small puddle under my car...it a yellowish color - like vegetable oil. It doesn't have a smell to it (that I can distinguish) and it is moderately oily. It seems to be occuring while the car is parked and not running but that could just be a slow drip from the underside of the car.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'll end up taking it to the good folks at Woodhouse but I may wait until spring so that I can drive it on a regular basis after the repair to determine if it has been remedied.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where is the puddle loccated? front/rear left/right

one thing to check is to pop your hood and check your powersteering, clutch, and brake fluid reservoir levels.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same issue and it turned out to be the head gastket... something about the expansion, contracting of the old style gasket left it leaking when sitting. Get it check out.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'98's don't have any head gasket problems.

From your description, like Dom said, it sounds like it is either PS or brake/clutch fluid.

OP
OP
L

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to be on the right side of the car and to the rear of the motor area.

I had to get to other things so I didn't hang around and check the fluids - I'll do that tomorrow.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to be on the right side of the car and to the rear of the motor area.

I had to get to other things so I didn't hang around and check the fluids - I'll do that tomorrow.

Isn't that location about where the A/C condensation drains out? Although, if it is, I do not know why it would be yellowish and slightly oily. Just a thought.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you're going to have to get it up in the air but only going on your description, I will have to guess A/C oil.
You may have a leaking A/C line and the oil is dripping out.
Hopefully its not tranny fluid.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to get it up had have a good look at the bottom. I agree w/Dave.. probably not refrigerant oil.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang