Any major or minor problems with there SRT's???

SLICKSSS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any major or minor problems with there SRT\'s???

Just was curious if the people that have received there SRT'S are overall happy with the quality and dependability of the car??

I know about the valve issue, but has anyone had anything else go wrong with the car??

Everything works as it should?? No water leaks with the roof?? A/C works proper?? Doors and hood close fine??? Motor?? Rear end?? Squeaks Rattles??? Fit & Finish??

Any input would be great. :)

I had a 99RT and never had a problem with that car, now I have a 03SRT on order and just wanted to hear some thoughts from the Viper Nation on the SRT.

Thanks.....

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Any major or minor problems with there SRT\'s???

Other than the valves...my roof does not leak (yet) but will be driving out to Vancouver tomorrow so should get the real test with some heavy rain! There is a rattle in the soft top latch mechanism but I believe there is a service bulletin for this now, if not there is a post somewhere here with a fix. The finish is great and I have not had any other problems - love the car and will like it even more when I get the valve job done.

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My Service ABS light came on on the second day of ownership...haven't gone to the dealership yet, but read earlier here that it could be a ABS sensor. No other problems.

Tim

CaboViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Other then the valve situation I have had no other problems with the SRT-10. The windshield wiper controls are situated in a place where I seem to always be hitting it and starting the wipers but that is operated error.It's a fantastic car, enjoy.

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have put 4500 miles on my SRT and no problems. Driven through rain
and no leaks. The fit and finish or great. Some rattles and squeaks
with the top, but nothing to talk about. The valve problem was not an
issue on mine, nor was the holes in the mirrors or the rear end. It
seems mine was perfect. All the electronics work great. The stero is
great. Compared to a RT/10 this car is like night and day.

Dean

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am having a terrible time getting used to the seat belt extending from the left side. Oh yeah...I also wonder how long it will take to get used to using the dead pedal. Finally, my head keeps snapping back against the headrest everytime I step ******* the accelerator. What's up with that? This car really *****.I'm going back to driving my RT/10.

OP
OP
S

SLICKSSS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds pretty good.

Much appreciated. :D