any one know of a good battery tender for winter storage?

03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any body have information on a Battery Tender for winter storage. I have a 03 Srt/10. Thanks. <font color="#666666"> </font> :usa:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
See what you can find at Boater’s World (boatersworld.com). They sell tons of chargers/tenders. You can also rest assured that if the charger/tender is made for a boat then it must pass ABYC safety standards which are very strict.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wal Mart has them for under $20. I have one on each car and they seem to be doing the job so far.

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
autometer makes a nice unit that mounts on the garage wall,only wiring pigtail is on car,try summitracing.com or jegs.com

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The most known brand is indeed the Deltran Battery Tender Plus...have had nothing but success with 6 of them in use.

Viperized

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sears, 29.99. Use it on my Ferrari works great. Also includes a plug for easy connections.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have about 15 vehicles on Harbor Freight float chargers for the last 4/5 years and not a single problem.

Luc 00GTS... and a few more toys.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My good buddy Ray Sweers turned me onto Harbor Freights float charger.
All you have to do is hook it up to the battery, plug it in and forget about it. It works great, I have one on all the toys.
They are on sale right now for half price.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=42292

THATS A GREAT DEAL, I JUST ORDERED 4 FOR A TOTAL OF $37.95. I CURRENTLY USE
THE BATTERY TENDER PLUS WHICH WORKS FINE, HOWEVER IF THIS DOES THE SAME THING
I GET 4 FOR LESS THEN THE PRICE OF 1 BATTERY TENDER PLUS.

THANKS FOR POSTING, JUST ANOTHER BENEFIT OF THE VCA AND TERRIFFIC BUNCH OF GUYS. :2tu:

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a battery tender plus, but haven't had to use it yet. do you completly disconnect the batter to connect the tender or do you just go in under the hood at the terminal, or does it matter?

thanx

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a battery tender plus, but haven't had to use it yet. do you completly disconnect the batter to connect the tender or do you just go in under the hood at the terminal, or does it matter?

thanx

Just under the hood at the terminal.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanx

I USE MINE YEAR ROUND, DONT DRIVE THE VIPER MUCH SO I DONT WANT TO WORRY ABOUT
IT NOT STARTING. I USE THE CLAMPS AND RUN THE CONNECTION WIRE THROUGH MY SIDE
VENT FOR EASY CONNECT AND DISCONNECT. HOPE THIS HELPS

TOM

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schumacher makes a good unit that comes with a bracket that allows you to mount it in the car if you want to. You can use existing bolts and there is no need to drill any new holes. See my Gen II installation below. I just feed an extension cord through the gill and plug it in. When you're driving the plug can be tucked out of the way behind the unit. Works great and won't overcook your battery. Got mine for $27.00.

6594Schumacher-med.jpg

OP
OP

03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guy's I went to salvo and baught a battery tender plus and it works great. Thanks for the advise.

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did not think I would need a trickle charger, but something drained my battery quicker than expected, not sure what. Not even enough juice to power the door solenoid. I jumped it and went for an hour spin to charge it back up. Curious if anyone else has had similar experience:

Viper has been parked unlocked in a COLD garage in normal mode (not power saving mode).
Two weeks ago the Viper was started/idled for 15 minutes (seemed fine).
One month ago the Viper was driven.

Anyone else experienced an unusually fast drain? Normal? Should I be using the "power save" mode for anything more than a week?

Thanx.