Any Vipers heading to Formula 1 in Montreal?

Sonny S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last year, at The Montreal GP, they tried to steal my RT/10 right in the main La Ronde parking lot. They broke the soft top, the ignition switch and chipped the paint badly. There's no security. (The anti-theft system held - they couldn't start it) Montreal is the car theft capital of Canada, maybe North America. A Porsche TT was stolen the same day. Montreal police admitted they know 2-3 cars a day are stolen from the area. HHhmmm and they've known about this how long? Guess who's in on the racket.

Do not bring your Viper near the GP event. Sorry for the bad news. Maybe you can drive to Montreal and leave it in the hotel secured parking.

OP
OP
A

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I guess the thieves know this event attracts fast cars. I guess I'll drive the RT instead, BMW RT that is.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's usually a Viper contingent at the Molson Indycar race here in August. The Grand Prix is just too popular.
They are given ultra secure parking at the track, and the security has no sense of humor. Its organized by the local club in Quebec. I usually go by subway and grab a ticket from the scalpers at the entrance. The combination of race cars and hot chicks make for two awesome events.
The whole city turns into a car party town.