Any younger owners get this?

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats because only old people drive corvettes :lmao:

I'm 27 and I've yet to get that comment from my SRT-10.

Although when I was 20 I bought a '99 Corvette C5 and was doing something when an older gentlemen came up and said, "It's awfully nice of your dad to let you drive his car."

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What a ******, tons of them out there. Should have told him, "It's my fathers..." then when he says, "oh I knew it" or something tell him how old you are and how he should bite his tongue before sounding like a total ********.

At least he didn't say something like, "Vipers can't handle" or "That thing has a truck engine in it."
Na, should of told him it was your daughters.

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you just cant fix stupid

And thats why John...you are the way you are! oooooooooooooooo har har har

im 28 and have 4 cars and a bunch or other crap, people always think im doing something shady for work.....in reality my 2000 viper is worth about 30k, my 04 f150 is worth about 9k, my 02 explorer with 220k miles is worthless!, and my 05 e55 maybe 23k? all together my cars are worth about 60k, the price of a new 5 series.... people are so stupid.'

at work i park my benz on the other side of the road where no one can see it or know that i have it, so the women in the office dont hate on me because they think my $25k benz is a $80k car and that im over paid. Mean while they are driving a brand new mazda 3 hatch back or a jeep liberty tht they paid over 25k for.....but im the "over paid " A hole

Bottom line people are stupid and I like to buy nice used cars for less :)

Martin

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit being such ******* about it. Why wouldn't somebody think you're a spoiled rich kid? There are a helluva lot more spoiled rich kids with nice cars than self-made 25-year-old millionaires. So you didn't like being stereotyped, quit being a crybaby whimp about it and take it like a man. Instead of acting like a spoiled brat about it, act like a reasonably wise individual and understand why somebody would think it.

lol i agree

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think its funny that some people on here are taking this as people ("spoiled brats") just being "crybabys". When thats not it at all. Its just people saying what has been said to them. They never said how much they hate it or how bad it ****** them off. Im sure its all for fun at the end of the day. And isn't that whats it's suppost to be.

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think its funny that some people on here are taking this as people ("spoiled brats") just being "crybabys". When thats not it at all. Its just people saying what has been said to them. They never said how much they hate it or how bad it ****** them off. Im sure its all for fun at the end of the day. And isn't that whats it's suppost to be.

Exactly. I don't think any of us that it happend to are bitter about it. If anything it is kind of amusing. We share what happend for entertainment purposes only, not really 'venting' or '********'.

ohno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my viper when I was 21, and now that I'm 23 its just something that I expect to happen when I take it out now.

Wayne64SS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL I went to a car show with mine the other day and someone i knew came up to me (kind of a ****** i don't like him) and was like "what'd you drive here?" I told him what i was driving and pointed to it and he made some ridiculous face and was like "yea ok, what'd you actaully drive" so i just told him that's what i drove then told him it was my dads. LOL. I had some fun at his expense, serve the ******* right. I work hard for my toys.

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
KNG SNKE:2978132 said:
Honestly I have been asked how I afford it but no comment about my age. I was 27 when I first bought it and I am pushing 30 now but I don't look like my age. I am a pretty abrasive person though so I don't think a comment like that would be taken lightly by me. Personally I would have told him where to shove it and left. Any business that jokes around like that with potential customers doesn't deserve my business. And ANYONE who states the military is over paid they can go F themselves. You leave your family for 7 months in a floating coffen and then we will see how you are and how little we actually make. **** gets real when foreign countries are dropping ordnance over your head. Proper budgetting allows for us to have nice toys.

When I hear this I get really upset. Even more now after the wars are winding down the Government has start CUTTING the militarys pay!! The general public really believes the military is over paid. Really!! Half the military makes less than a McDonalds employee and gets sent overseas away from friends and family and gets shot at daily for YOU!! And has a chance to Lose their life in the process. Anyone who believes the military is overpaid should be ashamed. Reduce our numbers if u want to save $ or reduce the 1000 worthless military bases worldwide... not **** the $ from the soldiers who spill blood and sweat for the people... for you. Truth is.. keep reducing our pay.. WE WILL JUST Get Out. Then the next war........ CAN YOU SAY..DRAFT!!

Then we will see how the rest of the people like our pay and overseas travel plans.

And yes, I get plenty of rude comments because I drive a Viper.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To drive a viper is to make an impression (good, bad, indifferent).... unavoidable. I suppose the very young may get the "who is the rich kid" and those much older like myself will get the " who is the old fart". Cry about it or laugh about it or whatever.

The OPs conversation should have gone
"Who is the rich kid in the viper?"
"That would be me... Are you the old fart fixing the rich kid's car?"

Stop the whinning and enjoy the car, or get rid of the car and whine about something else.

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my C5 at 26. I got that kinda crap too.

Now I have a C5 and GTS at 37 and people start in with the "mid-life crisis" crap...

Jealousy is a ***** for some sometime.

I just find it odd because the people that give me this stuff drive SUV's that cost almost as much as I paid for the Viper. It's all life choices. I just find it funny they feel the need to comment. I never feel the need to comment about their Escalade with 22" rims...

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I hear this I get really upset. Even more now after the wars are winding down the Government has start CUTTING the militarys pay!! The general public really believes the military is over paid. Really!! Half the military makes less than a McDonalds employee and gets sent overseas away from friends and family and gets shot at daily for YOU!! And has a chance to Lose their life in the process. Anyone who believes the military is overpaid should be ashamed. Reduce our numbers if u want to save $ or reduce the 1000 worthless military bases worldwide... not **** the $ from the soldiers who spill blood and sweat for the people... for you. Truth is.. keep reducing our pay.. WE WILL JUST Get Out. Then the next war........ CAN YOU SAY..DRAFT!!

I don't much about the pay, but I do love this country and respect those that are willing to protect the rest of us. Thanks

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told by a GM engineer that Corvette seats are designed to fit a 300 lb wide body. Talk about a target market and it does seem true. Old guys and platinum blonde oldies seem to drive Corvettes.

Honestly at 6'2" and 185 my c5 seat gives more lateral support than the viper. The C5 has highly adjustable side bolsters... but I digress.

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Then we will see how the rest of the people like our pay and overseas travel plans.

And yes, I get plenty of rude comments because I drive a Viper.

Having a draft would be a real eye opener for a lot of people. Because we rarely have any attacks on our own soil, people don't realize how alive our current wars still are. They don't advertise on the news when we have a FOB become over run, or the 8 hour long attack at out afghan main hq base - so I don't expect to ever hear anything about the nightly mortal / rocket attacks and weekly IED incidents that we get to look forward to on a normal deployment to iraq/afghanistan. We had a mortar land 10 feet from a co worker on my last deployment but they were lucky enough to have it not go off - but even so to this day they are still traumatized. PTSD is becomming more and more common.

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've run into all types of questions as to why I drive the cars I have, the cost, how did I get them, etc. I have come up with and been using what I feel is the perfect response for the last 2 years. It shuts people up, makes dudes envious and stops further questions. So when somebody asks how I got my vehicle, the answer is very simple....."A very generous Cougar"

Cheers,
George
Awesome, I'm going to borrow that line, if you don't mind.....

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
people just have MAJOR envy, if your young "rich kid, daddys money" if your 40 to 50 ish "mid life crisis" if your older " hes retired and has nothing better to do with his money" bottom line is they do it out of jealousy.

A used snake might be 30 - 40k but their not really practical cars so the average person spending that kind of cash gets a daily driver, not to mention how often you see a snake? for me, I see lambos more often

E_tar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I work in Silicon Valley, CA. There are more young folks here with money than anywhere else I can think of.. There are also a lot of Young 30 something millionaires or semi-millionaires or those doing well enough to own some cool Toys. I see on an average atleast 10 porsches, 10 Corvettes a day and one or two other super cars like maybe a Lambo every other week. Lots of big S500s and S600 Mercs, M5s and the like... I have never come across anyone questioning anyone about who's daddy is rich over here.. young adults seem to afford these things here quite nicely with hard work and silicon valley Tech salaries...

But then again I have only seen 2 vipers in 5 years whilst driving on the road. The rest I have seen in dealers shops and Car shows... Vipers are the bomb!

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey pathoguy, try reading the posts before making a comment. Works better that way. If you read the posts, you would see i thought it was funny.
But thanks for the one liner though, that was pretty good.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am more jealous of all the comments from people in the thread that are 50 and look like they are 25. I am 40 and feel like I am 80.

Usually if someone does ask what I did, I tell them. I started a business and it is doing pretty good, I went from having nothing to doing pretty good. I think alot of people look at you being the same age as them, and know that they could never afford it, so what path did you take that allows you to afford it? Lots of things you could say "I actually stayed in school", "I work my butt off to afford it", "I choose to spend my money differently than most people", "This aint nothing, you should see my house". Usually when I tell people what I did to be able to afford it, they are like congrats man, awesome car.

I also let kids sit in my car ALL the time and take pictures in it. I figure if my 220lb butt isn't going to mess it up i don't think a 60lb kid can hurt it. Maybe it will give them some motivation to stay in school.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am more jealous of all the comments from people in the thread that are 50 and look like they are 25. I am 40 and feel like I am 80.

Usually if someone does ask what I did, I tell them. I started a business and it is doing pretty good, I went from having nothing to doing pretty good. I think alot of people look at you being the same age as them, and know that they could never afford it, so what path did you take that allows you to afford it? Lots of things you could say "I actually stayed in school", "I work my butt off to afford it", "I choose to spend my money differently than most people", "This aint nothing, you should see my house". Usually when I tell people what I did to be able to afford it, they are like congrats man, awesome car.

I also let kids sit in my car ALL the time and take pictures in it. I figure if my 220lb butt isn't going to mess it up i don't think a 60lb kid can hurt it. Maybe it will give them some motivation to stay in school.

+1 on letting people (especially kids) sit in it for pictures. Whenever I'm stopped somewhere and someone asks if they can take pictures, I almost always offer for them to get in the car and I'll take one of them. They get so excited, it's totally worth it. Not to mention, there's not many Vipers around my town, so the nicer I am to people, the less chances are that someone would want to mess with it if I'm not around.

emaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my first "hater" experiece the other day. There was is a small car show on the 3rd of July where I live. So, I went and picked up my dad in the viper, we went up there for a couple of hours then I took him home. Now, there is only one way in and one way out of getting to his house. When I originally went and picked him up there were a group of people outside drinking letting off some fireworks. I didn't think anything of it, other then I did get some nasty looks from them because I interupted "happy time" of them in the middle of the street blowing letting off their goods. Now, don't get me wrong, I love having a cold one and tossing black cats, but I don't get upset if I have to give a car the right of way. That is usually just a pause in the action to reload.

Since there is only one way in, and one way out, I drove by once picking him up, and again on our way to the car show. After the car show, I had to drive by again to drop him off, and I had go the same way to head home. After dropping my dad off and I approached there is a big ol' tub of goo in the middle of the street with a punk in one hand and his milwakees best in the other, just standing there where I couldn't get by so I stopped. I could hear him saying stuff, but couldn't make it out. He finally waddled his fat drunk ass to the side of the street so I could pass and then yells "take it home, quit driving by, we aren't impressed". I put on the brakes to stop then, thought to myself, that it would probably be bad for business if I got out and made a scence in front of the 20+ people sitting there watching Drunk Jed left off his firecrackers.

It pissed me off, but the more I thought about it on my drive home, I kind of took it as a compliment, because most people try to direct their feeling by putting others down, or cracking jokes. So I guess I will let my **** ass viper be the brunt of this idiots joke.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my first "hater" experiece the other day. There was is a small car show on the 3rd of July where I live. So, I went and picked up my dad in the viper, we went up there for a couple of hours then I took him home. Now, there is only one way in and one way out of getting to his house. When I originally went and picked him up there were a group of people outside drinking letting off some fireworks. I didn't think anything of it, other then I did get some nasty looks from them because I interupted "happy time" of them in the middle of the street blowing letting off their goods. Now, don't get me wrong, I love having a cold one and tossing black cats, but I don't get upset if I have to give a car the right of way. That is usually just a pause in the action to reload.

Since there is only one way in, and one way out, I drove by once picking him up, and again on our way to the car show. After the car show, I had to drive by again to drop him off, and I had go the same way to head home. After dropping my dad off and I approached there is a big ol' tub of goo in the middle of the street with a punk in one hand and his milwakees best in the other, just standing there where I couldn't get by so I stopped. I could hear him saying stuff, but couldn't make it out. He finally waddled his fat drunk ass to the side of the street so I could pass and then yells "take it home, quit driving by, we aren't impressed". I put on the brakes to stop then, thought to myself, that it would probably be bad for business if I got out and made a scence in front of the 20+ people sitting there watching Drunk Jed left off his firecrackers.

It pissed me off, but the more I thought about it on my drive home, I kind of took it as a compliment, because most people try to direct their feeling by putting others down, or cracking jokes. So I guess I will let my **** ass viper be the brunt of this idiots joke.

Haha, quit trying to show off!!!! That is exactly what I think to myself when I pull it out of the garage. "Oh yeah, gotta go show people what's up, I'm so cool and I am reeling in the women!!!"

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my late 20's, people do not really believe me when I tell them I drive my viper for the price of their brand new Tahoe. I too, will never, ever, drive my car to work. 75% of the company is blue collar and the second someone sees me get in or out of it I would then be labeled as the "over-paid, rich, ****".

Never had any age comments, but when people ask what I do, I usually give the standard reply of "I sell blow"

Then you better not let someone see you driving around in town wi th that Viper.

2005 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in my late 20's with my own house we just built, a live-in girlfriend (who also works), and a few toys.... I believe the general public (who make these comments) cannot distinguish between a 1992 Viper or a 2010 ACR. They hear Dodge Viper and associate that with $$$$$. Nobody says anything about the brand new SL63 Mercedes next door that cost $120k because Mercedes and BMW's are a dime a dozen out there. People also dont take into account that a $350k house at a 3.5% interest rate over 30 years isnt exactly 5 grand a month. The perception goes far beyond our age, it really shows the base knowledge of the average person.... save for any Viper owner on this forum :)

Razman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all boils down to maturity. I sure wish that I would have made much better use of my time when I was young (teens and 20's) but I lacked the maturity. To be honest I am a little envious at the younger viper owners but that doesn't cause me to become resentful. I have to take an honest look at myself and ask what I can do to make better decisions and better use of my time. Time is the one resource we all have been given the same amount of, and many forget that. If my current skills don't command the income I need to afford a Viper (or my other priorities, i.e. eliminate my debt, buy/pay off a home, etc.), I either need to learn new skills or make more efficient and profitable use of my time.

As such I'm not occupying Wall Street or anywhere else other than my kitchen table and my computer, studying how to increase my income and get my act together.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all boils down to maturity. I sure wish that I would have made much better use of my time when I was young (teens and 20's) but I lacked the maturity. To be honest I am a little envious at the younger viper owners but that doesn't cause me to become resentful. I have to take an honest look at myself and ask what I can do to make better decisions and better use of my time. Time is the one resource we all have been given the same amount of, and many forget that. If my current skills don't command the income I need to afford a Viper (or my other priorities, i.e. eliminate my debt, buy/pay off a home, etc.), I either need to learn new skills or make more efficient and profitable use of my time.

As such I'm not occupying Wall Street or anywhere else other than my kitchen table and my computer, studying how to increase my income and get my act together.

I like this kid:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude