Anyone Buy The ****** 9500iq yet?

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the 9500ix for the run to VOI 11. I've put about 5,000 miles on it with 3 runs to SoCal (from Norcal) and one trip to Vegas. If the radar detector in the 9500iq is as good as this current unit, I'm going to have to get one of those...it's about time somebody built a good detector/gps unit.

I was actually going to do a mini review of it this weekend, just got back from another trip this morning. Overall, the Passport rocks, if it had a GPS screen it would be near perfect.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
M

mattsmusic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually bought the 9500ix 3 weeks ago and it's been working quite well. I'm thinking about exchanging it for the iq though. At first I figured I didn't need a windshield mounted GPS because I've got it in my iPhone but I'm second guessing that decision now. I spoke with ****** and they claim the iq has 100% of the ix built into it. I also have a theory that if I do get pulled over with a visible radar detector, I'm guaranteeing myself a ticket. But the iq is incognito!

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually bought the 9500ix 3 weeks ago and it's been working quite well. I'm thinking about exchanging it for the iq though. At first I figured I didn't need a windshield mounted GPS because I've got it in my iPhone but I'm second guessing that decision now. I spoke with ****** and they claim the iq has 100% of the ix built into it. I also have a theory that if I do get pulled over with a visible radar detector, I'm guaranteeing myself a ticket. But the iq is incognito!

I think your 100% right about getting a ticket with a detector.

A GPS will also have less of a theft value since most scumbags would assume it's a small $129.00 GPS, not a $500.00 plus radar detector.

Cheers,
George

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
v-i needs to catch up, feature wise

veil gut did a shot write up on the it:

Veil Guy: ****** Passport iQ Review

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members