Anyone change their VEC1 settings in the winter?

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if there's any gains/negatives to be had with adjusting during different seaons...

Took the snake out tonight for an hour and, with 50 degree weather even, she felt a touch sluggish tonight for some reason.

I suspect it's a simple case of SCE (supercharger envy). ;)

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm...time to start 'sperimenting.

I run

Low = +12
High= -20

in the summer and that netted us the best results on the dyno. I'd guess someplace around +8/-12 or so would be a good starting point...

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had oringally set my VEC in the winter of last year, and as the weather got warmer i noticed the car ran a little more lean, especially under deacceleration. I imagined it was the warmer weather and decided to recalibrate but i could never get the high end set right, it was still lighting up the last blue light at -20. so i just set them back to the original winter settings and left it. I was a little leery about setting the high at -20, if im just being overly paranoid PLEASE let me know :) .

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're still lighting up the last blue with -20 (as I am too) you're plenty rich still. :) The deltas aren't that huge so you're not risking anything if you're in the blues.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus, I run rich at +8 on the high settings however my car loves the extra fuel and pulls very hard. I have tried just about all settings and without a doubt running rich makes more power you feel it on the top end on the highway. Yes you have to change for winter in most cases you add fuel to compensate for the cold air.