Anyone ever caught running no cats?

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jc_RJ9kNlA&list=UUi6VyHJ77lXMDcImq3lcgWA&index=3&feature=plcp

And this one at 0:37 :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLvws92__3M&feature=plcp

Belanger Cat Back Rear exit system, just rear resonators (when these clips were taken the set up was Stock Headers and turnouts into 3" cat delete tube Clamped down onto stock turnout using a Beer can as packing with some exhaust gum) :D No expense spared :D

Well it sounds incredible! Thanks for the vids.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said 3 days ago. buy sims or plug the rear O2 **** and hang the O2's up out of the way.
Can you direct me to where I would find 02 sims for my 2000 GTS :) I tried doing a Google search but in the UK we have a mobile phone company called 02 and all I found was pages and pages of mobile O2 Sim cards :(

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you direct me to where I would find 02 sims for my 2000 GTS :) I tried doing a Google search but in the UK we have a mobile phone company called 02 and all I found was pages and pages of mobile O2 Sim cards :(

JonB at Partsrack.com should have them

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. When I had the "test" pipes on, I had no codes under any driving condition. I did leave the Corsa full cat back system in place. After a few months, I did decide to put the RandomTech hiflows in though.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AZTVR you could easily go for months without that light coming on, it has to do with the way you drive your car as in duration and cycles.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My CEL light came on after about 150 miles from what I can remember. But not since I zip-tied them up out of the way about 20k miles ago. ECM thinks the "cats" are working great! :D

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My CEL light came on after about 150 miles from what I can remember. But not since I zip-tied them up out of the way about 20k miles ago. ECM thinks the "cats" are working great! :D

hmm.. wish there was someoene local to help me.. I want my cats outta here!!!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm.. wish there was someoene local to help me.. I want my cats outta here!!!

What state are you in?

I hooked up with some local NASA Viper racers where I live and they removed mine this week....maybe ask some of your local Viper owners?

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would pop over to give you a hand but there's a little bit of water between us :D

Mark :uk:

haha, thanks Mark.

I know Chuck is local.. we've been threatening to hook up for nearly a year now.. maybe he'll see this, or I'll buzz him.

. Check your local exhaust shops...some will do it some won't. Tell them It's a track car.

what about when i'm driving away in it.. haha

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've probably owned 50 cars since cats were introduced and have removed all but on 3 that I can remember. Never had an issue. One inspection station said my new Vette with cats removed was the 'cleanest' car she had seen in a long time. I had taken them off and emptied them before realizing i needed emissions testing. Always had big power gains.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What state are you in?

I hooked up with some local NASA Viper racers where I live and they removed mine this week....maybe ask some of your local Viper owners?

Florida, Tampa Bay.

Yeah, i'd reallly prefer a local viper owner to help me rather than bringing it to a shop, I hate letting people touch my car.

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not trying to thread rob, but how bad is the stink when the cats are off? I had a mustang with punched cats and it pretty much made your eyes water when you were behind it. I can only imagine a extra 3 litres compared to the mustang would make it smell worse?

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not trying to thread rob, but how bad is the stink when the cats are off? I had a mustang with punched cats and it pretty much made your eyes water when you were behind it. I can only imagine a extra 3 litres compared to the mustang would make it smell worse?

It definitely smells stronger... that being said, it smells no different than driving behind an old 60's Camaro or El Camino. You can't tell a difference in the car at all with the exception of the sound.

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, but that decel rattle would get to me after awhile.

Any thoughts on how to reduce that rattle? It doesn't bother me that much; however, it would be nice to have a little bit less of it

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Guys are Kidding ,right? That rattle is the best bit :headbang:

It certainly turns heads when I let the engine do it! I imagine I could throw on the stock muffler if it became too unbearable for me. For now, I love it!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first day I took my car out fully De catted I had to meet some friends at 6am in central London. I had to Drive up Whitehall and past the British Prime ministers residence, Oh Boy did I let the car rip going up there :D BRILLIANT

I was really expecting to get busted but the police just grinned :D Its not everyday you see a ALMS race replica Viper in London ;)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always have to laugh about the craziness over the smell of removing the cats. People survived their cars prior to 1975. The first Cats actually smelled like rotten eggs as I'm sure some here remember. Today's cars even have the advantage of fuel injection which is far more efficient than the old carburetors. Catalytic converters are a government thing.

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always have to laugh about the craziness over the smell of removing the cats. People survived their cars prior to 1975. The first Cats actually smelled like rotten eggs as I'm sure some here remember. Today's cars even have the advantage of fuel injection which is far more efficient than the old carburetors. Catalytic converters are a government thing.

Agreed... I am still a little partial to the catless smell