Anyone have 345/25-20s laying around?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The PS2s that came on my HREs rub and I can get back 7/16" by swapping my spring caps or .6" by going to a 25 sidewall. I like the look of the lower car/smaller tire, so I want to explore that first.

I have a line or two on new ones, but would rather save a few bucks in the short term since I just dropped coin on these. Thanks in advance!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The 345/25s do not rub. ;)

They may not rub if not lowered, but since his car is lowered with caps the difference between removing the caps and going to the 25's is negligible. Jason, do you have any other suspension mods as I have not heard many mention rubbing with just the caps. What size rims do you have front/back?

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you have the 335/30R20 PS2s on your car now?

I have those PS2s on there now.

They may not rub if not lowered, but since his car is lowered with caps the difference between removing the caps and going to the 25's is negligible. Jason, do you have any other suspension mods as I have not heard many mention rubbing with just the caps. What size rims do you have front/back?

I have Intrax springs and caps. The springs drop it 1" in the rear and the caps are good for another 7/16". I'm 19/20.

The reason I'd rather do the tires is because I have a friend with 19/20 iForged with Nittos and he has Eibachs and caps out back and only rubs when he hits a big dip at high speeds. On the other hand, I have a friend with Eibachs only with PS2s on 19/20 and he's about the same. It looks like the extra 1/2" or so that I have on them is the proverbial straw breaking the camel's back.

The 25 sidewall is 1.2" smaller in tire diameter than my 30 sidewall PS2s, so I'd gain .6" clearance over what I have now. If I pull the caps out for stock that'd raise it another 7/16", give me over an inch more clearance.

I'd rather start with tires because a.) mine have bulges in the sidewall and they should be replaced and b.) I like the look of a lower profile tire better. If I still have rubbing problems I'll just pull the caps. It's more expensive to do the tires but way less labor-intensive for me.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They do not rub. My car IS lowered just like his.;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96