Anyone have a B&M shifter or another short throw shifter?

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If so, what do you have, and how do you like it? I am looking for the best short throw made in terms of customer satisfaction.

Thanks all,
Mike

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the B&M and like it, Install was easy and price was $229 on Ebay. :2tu: :usa:

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I need any special tools? I am not very handy when it comes to cars. Can a screwer upper do it easily, or would it be better to take the car to Dodge and have them do it? I can't even unscrew my round ball on my car's gear shift right now.

Mike

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I need any special tools? I am not very handy when it comes to cars. Can a screwer upper do it easily, or would it be better to take the car to Dodge and have them do it? I can't even unscrew my round ball on my car's gear shift right now.

Mike

If you can't get the knob off you might want to let someone else do it. The hardest part is drilling out the rivets that hold the stock shifter in place. The kit comes with good directions. :usa:

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll let someone else do it. I just ordered it. Thanks.

I wonder how they are going to take the knob off. Boy will they be surprised when they find out it won't come off. They'll prolly have to replace my transmission or something.

Mike

GoldMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The round knob on a Gen 2 doesn't come off.... It's part of the shifter, the whole chrome shaft & ball come off as 1 unit.

viper53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installing a BM shifter is not hard. The Viper site has some great instructions in the how to section for installing the shifter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960