anyone have an acr with a picture of the harness

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure, but I think there were 2 styles, the one shown being the later one. Anyone know about an earlier version?

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those would be 1999 & 2000 ? As opposed to the later 2001 & 2002? Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those would be 1999 & 2000 ? As opposed to the later 2001 & 2002? Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Those are not the '99- '00 style. I have pics of the original as well as the recall replacements. The original belts were a work of art, the recall replacements look like cheap American bargain basement belts. They will never go in my car. I'll snap some pics tomorrow.

OP
OP

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so what the hell were the ones I posted? Guy said they came out of an acr viper gen2

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are probably the recall replacements, I've got to dig them up. The slack adjusters look like the came from a bin at Home Depot, sharp thick cheapo steel. I'll buy a high quality set of belts before those things go in my car.

OP
OP

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there was a harness recall for the acrs you should have your dodge dealer run your vin if it hasn't be done

ollikoi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine look like this. It's 99 ACR. Lock is red, as you see....sorry bad mobile picture :mad:

Attachments

• ACR.jpg
    ACR.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 21

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy at work told me he had a car (not a Viper) that had a four-point harness where both the shoulder straps were passive - they each had reels that allowed you to move in them like a shoulder belt then they tightened if you drove hard - just like a stock three piece belt system. Are the ACR belts like that at all? If not someone should come up with a passive set as I have been in street cars with harnesses before and they are a major PITA when you reach for the radio or something similar.