Anyone Have Any Crash Stories Or Viper Safety Stories?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I listed a post a day or two ago regarding Viper safety reports but no one seems to know where they can be obtained. So many people want to obtain the same thing but there is no way to it seems. :confused: Now I figure that I would go for the next best thing. :smirk: Please list any stories that you have of the Viper protecting you in a crash or not protecting you. I would like to get some feedback on how safe these cars actually are. Let us know what happened. Set up the story. :D LOL!! Also any pictures would be great.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

Keith

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just in case. I have never ever chanced it in a car before. I am usually driving cars that are known because of their safety records.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With government standards being as tight as they are I really don't care where it places in the mix from worst the first. Somebody has to come in last and somebody has to come in first.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I survived, and walked away, from a pretty bad wreck last year in our old GTS. Head-on collision with a pick-up truck. Both vehicles doing ~40mph. 41k in damage to the front end. The hood came off entirely. The headers were bent, valve cover cracked on one side, back window shattered, etc. We were very blessed that no one was hurt. I thank God, the seat belts, and airbags in that order. When the emergency crew arrived they were shouting where are the people in the Viper! They couldn't believe that we were ok. I went out and bought another GTS the following week. The car did what is was supposed to do- protect the passengers. I'd say it did a pretty good job.

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran into an orange cone while doing an autocross. I survived with no injuries. The cone was totaled.

Ron

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thankfully no accidents, but my insurance company (USAA) grants me a safe car discount on the Viper, they list it in the same level as my 6000 pound Toyota Sequoia. I think on a rating of 1 - 4 (4 being best) they rate it as a 3. Maybe check with your insurance company and ask them as well.

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totalled mine in Nov 01. Hit a jersy barrier, spun off the road, jumped a curb through a few bushes etc..
Not even a scratch.. It is a very safe car.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch AFY. I am glad to hear that you are ok. So what happened with the car, totaled I assume. Was that the 02 or 00 GTS. HOw many miles were on it? Get a new Viper?

Hope to hear from you

Keith

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car was totalled.. since there wasnt a single body panel that wasnt scratched or cracked.. plus the frame went for a toss... the car itself was an '00 with 16K miles..drove it on a daily basis, even in rain.
Nope no Viper now.. since I am not in the US any longer unfortunately. But once I do get back.. I definetely want another GTS.. preferably red with silver stripes.. :laugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang