Anyone have any ideas of what to do with my pistons?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of forged pistons that I couldn't sell. Anyone have any project ideas that I could use them for? I don't want to do any lamps or paper weights but something that would be kinda creative.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I always thought it would be cool to make a table with crank/rods/pistons using the pistons holding up the glass.

I have a Hemi piston that had a machined hole and a small clock installed.

Also, how about a crank with pistons used the center of a shop stool. The pistons could just hang around and be used as a footrest.

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of 96-99 balanced connecting rods that no one seems to want either. If your pistons have the same wrist pin offset, maybe we could sell them as a set to a creampuff owner? I was asking $200 for 'em.

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine already have the connecting rods attached. And I still couldn't get rid of them.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's a picture of my Piston clock

Picture.jpg

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We used to make lamps and tables out of our blown engines from the NASCAR days and give them to our sponsors. Hell at least they got something back for all the money they spent!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSnake-go to a 'Dollar' store or BIGLOTS and will find just the clock assembly itself, very cheap! then you can put it in anything you can imagine.

wellll....within reason that is hahaa

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
then you can put it in anything you can imagine.

wellll....within reason that is hahaa

Ok, keep it clean... this is a family forum.;)

Where is Mishawaka anyway? Is that anywhere near Winamac?

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just drilled and tapped a hole into the rod and piston pin oiling hole to accept an 8-32 threaded allen set screw. Almost invisible.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lelie, Tom knows NW Indiana, that's where he got his GTS from! :D

Mishawaka is 45mins east of Valpo on the Toll Road, or 20 minutes East of the Tirerack! :D

In regards to the pistons, got to be something you can use them for. Table legs or lamp?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
table legs or a lamp?

hummmmm that's a good idea Casey, gonna try to make one

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in my artist days, I used to build clocks for next to nothing, and sell them for 10x cost using the best quatrz workings like these I still have. Just drill a hole, add the hands, and you're good to go..

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lelie, Tom knows NW Indiana, that's where he got his GTS from! :D

Mishawaka is 45mins east of Valpo on the Toll Road, or 20 minutes East of the Tirerack! :D

That's why I thought it sounded familier. I must have drove through there.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in my artist days, I used to build clocks for next to nothing, and sell them for 10x cost using the best quatrz workings like these I still have. Just drill a hole, add the hands, and you're good to go..

You must be registered for see images

now THAT is kewl :2tu:

I have a SLIGHT obsession with clocks-think I have about 30 of them in my house :p

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a SLIGHT obsession with clocks-think I have about 30 of them in my house :p

So you must be time obsessive. Did Indiana ever change over to daylight savings?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we're in Eastern time now, I guess IN never used to spring forward and fall back until this year

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we're in Eastern time now, I guess IN never used to spring forward and fall back until this year

We are in central time, what are you talking about Leslie! :D

I think Eastern Time starts a about 20 minutes West of the TireRack, on the toll road that is. There's a sign on the Highway letting us know we have to change everything we do for you Easterners! :D

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No wonder you have so many clocks Leslie. I can see how difficult it can be to keep track of what time it is in Indiana. :)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry Casey, Mishawaka is on Eastern time hahahaa!

as soon as I leave S Bend area it turns to Central

now who is the blonde here? ;) hahaa

We are in central time, what are you talking about Leslie! :D

I think Eastern Time starts a about 20 minutes West of the TireRack, on the toll road that is. There's a sign on the Highway letting us know we have to change everything we do for you Easterners! :D

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can it be any more confusing. I bet there's people late (or early) all the time in Indy.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These pistons make absolutly fantastic trophy's for club racing events.

Clean them up, mount them on a walnut trophy base, engrave some plaques (all from any trophy store).

I spray painted them metalic gold/silver/clear (craft store) for 1st 2nd and 3rd place. Everyone went wild over them.

Warning. Metal is very difficult to drill into. Broke several bits till I used a drill press.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960