Anyone have exp. with Grundy or Haggerty Insurance??

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have much more money in my viper than the book value and my insurance co. does not accept "Agreed Value" for a vehicle. So if I were to total the car, I would be out a lot. I looked at both Grundy and Haggerty on line and they both offer Agreed Value for specialty cars like the viper. Both companies gave me a quote on line within $5.00 of each other and both were about $550.00 more than my regular insurance co. (usaa), which I can understand. My question is, do any of you have experience with either of these companies GOOD or BAD, especially if you had a claim. There is a lot of paper work to apply plus sending pix. etc. Or do you know of another co. that takes agreed value policies and how are they?? Thanks.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won GTS,

I have my Viper covered with Haggery on an agreed value policy. I have not had a claim yet (knock on wood) but they have been good to deal with so far. I pay about 800.00 a year, but my Viper is not my daily driver so it is much cheaper to insure it as a collector car. They also have roadside assistance with flat bed towing as part of their policy.

Doc

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I kind of already answered part of the question. After spending 2 hours filling out an on line app. with haggerty on sun.---A girl just called me to say they dont accept modified cars, but yet they accept street rods that are no where near factory. Glad to find out now they make up the rules day by day and I will not get scammed if I did have a claim. Hopefully Grundy will come thru. "wellll work with you".

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
read my post on my opinion of haggerty in viper gts/rt10 discussion section. i had same thing happened to me, because the car had nitrous. grundy i hear takes the mods, as one guy i know with heffer tt has his car insured for i believe 75k or more! makes no sence why they would flat out turn a car down for mods. its one thing to deny a guys claim because he had nitrous he used on the street losing control of the vehicle causing an accident, but to deny insurance for a garage kept car thats sitting in a garage which gets stolen a just so happens to have so mods on it?i think they should cover all the cars, and on a case by case basis determine the claim and the cause and if the mods contributed in the cause like my example 1 then deny the claim but if example 2 occured then how do these modification have anything to do with why the car was stolen. do you guys agree?

Allen 00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won GTS,

You mentioned that you had USAA insurance, which I have also had since I started driving. Back in 1987 I had the misfortune of having a 4 month old Buick Grand National stolen two weeks after moving to Houston.

It took some leg work by talking three different Buick dealers into giving me a written estimate of the value of the car, but USAA accepted those estimates in determining the value of the car. At four months old there was not a true book value available, so the written estimates were accepted as the real value. I then took the money they paid and bought another Grand National from the fourth dealer who was selling the car under the list price. Other than becoming paranoid about car theft, I was not out anything on the deal.

Allen

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
USAA STINKS when it comes to accident claims though. I recently had an accident with my 03 ram. They took 4 days just to get an adjuster to look at it. Then he does the usual low balling of the damage and has to come back out a week later to re-adjust for more money. Everytime you try and call the claims office, you get an answering machine to play phone tag with. When a lady ran into my lincoln four years ago and was at fault, her co. gave an est. of $4000 while usaa low balled with $3000. Glad hers covered it. Usaa was no help either 2 years ago with my roof leak at home. Claim est. 1000.00, my ded. 1100.00, Actual cost to repair 2100.00 Go figure !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte