Anyone have experience with Danmar MaxJax?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don;t have one....but I looked into them. I guess it depends on what you want to do with it.

As you likely know, the MaxJAx has to be securely bolted to the cement. Your floor may or may not be able to support this. If not, you'd need to replace the pads where this will go.

I got a mid-rise from Greg Smith.
Pro6MR Portable Scissor Lift - Greg Smith Equipment Sales, Inc
With some 2x12s left on the ground, the Vipers clear...then I slide the pads on to lift the lift. For normal height cars the pads can be left on. If even came with truck adapters.

This lift will lift a vehicle as much as about 50". It requires no site preparation and can even be rolled around the garage.

I also have a 4 post BendPak which obviously is overkill for what you need, but the posts would fit in your garage, you just couldn't lift it all the way. (They do make a castor kit so you could roll it outside and lift it all the way.)

When I looked at the MaxJax I was concerned about having either the posts in the way, or having to set it up, take it down.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed one. Works great installed in about 6 hours by myself. Just make sure you have a large hammer drill 5/8 and 7/8 drill bit.

OP
OP
S

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys! They both look pretty darn good. I need to have a engineer do a stress test on my concrete slab to see if it's strong enough for the MaxJax bolts, otherwise I'll go with the scissor jack.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like some aspects of the maxjax lift. I don't have an issue with ceiling height (12'), space or concrete. I love the portability of the maxjax. The idea of taking it down and storing it appeals to me. I don't mind bolting it down but it's going to be a challenge since my concrete floor is 4kPSI and rebar reinforced. Drilling without hitting the mesh of rebar is going to be impossible. But I'm not certain that the 50" lifting height is going to be comfortable enough to work under. If you do get this lift, please post your experience with it.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had the maxjax for about a year &1/2 Setup, take down time for the posts is relatively quick, 15-20 mins.
Had a leaky pump, danmar sent a new one out right away.
I attach a magnet level to each post while its up, jsut to make sure they are staying level. Plenty of height to work under the car.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love mine too. Just replaced my rotors pads exhaust oil new brake fluid and found a oil leak that the dealer didn't tell me about. The oil cooler line is under warranty:D. If you do buy one space your Max Jack 120 inches apart.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang