Anyone here modified their Durango?

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but I've got to say my Durango is the most gutless piece of @#$%$# I've driven with a 5.9L (360 ci) engine. With that size of engine it should do better. So I've had enough, I am changing the intake and putting on freeflow exhaust to see what that does. Anyone done that or any other mods that they are happy with on a Durango. Please tell me something made this thing perform better. If I can't get more jam out of this thing for cheap, it's getting traded in on something else.

OK, so maybe I'm comparing it to the Viper, but I got spanked by a Jeep GC a few days ago. I pulled out to pass him and we both hit it. He pulled away on me and I'm sure he had a smaller engine. Someone told me the 318 pulls much harder than the 360 too. What's up with this engine and tranny setup on the Durango? Is it just too heavy?

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a Dak R/T and so far have gone to a cold air kit, MP computer, M1 intake manifold, 180 degree thermostat and Fastman 52mm throttle body. I felt the biggest jumps from the cold air kit (first mod) and the 52mm throttle body (last mod). Best time so far in the truck (it's a CC) at LVMS (2090' altitude) was 15.15 which ain't spectacular but not bad for bolt ons. Another tip is to wrap your fuel rails with thermal tape since there is no fuel return the fuel in the passenger side rail can start to boil under hot idle conditions.

You could also look at changing the rear gears to 4.10's for a little more jump off the line. Worst case, put a Paxton blower on it.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Paxton Novi seems to be the blower of choice right now, but ATI has a new intercooled unit out that is supposed to be alot better than their last blower kit for the 360. If you're looking to mod your Durango check out http://www.dakota-durango.com there's a bunch of info and link there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang