Anyone in Chicagoland have an extra trans for sale?

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my car out for a short ride today and I got back to my neighborhood and almost in my driveway when I shifted to 2nd ... than BAM ! :omg: The trans starts making strange sounds and is "ticking" like crazy. I barely got the car back into my driveway.

Anyways, long story short, I am looking for a new or used trans for a gen 3. preferably local to me "Chicagoland" as I would like to have the car fixed asap. I was going to drive the car to my condo in Florida in a couple of days. I'm so happy that the problem happened here and not while on my trip. It could have been much worse. :smirk:

Any help finding one would be greatly appreciated. I recently lost my job and I'm tring to watch my funds, so the cheeper the better.

Thanks

Scott
(708) 955-2876

p.s. how much should it cost to have the swap out done?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sure it's not just a clutch? I thought my trans went a couple months ago but my clutch just exploded.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it could be the trans, it could be the clutch, or it could be the differential.

Strongest of the 3 is the trans.
2nd strongest is either the clutch or the diff. (if 03-04 clutch is stronger, if 05-06 diff is stronger).

I left you a vmail. I dont have a trans, but I certainly have a few clutches.

Jon

OP
OP
D

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that its the diff. the car still starts to move when letting the clutch out. God I sure hope it was just a clutch....

MTGTS, can you tell me what happened and how the car acted after the clutch exploded?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Scott, looks like we'll be able to take a look at it on Saturday. I'll try to nail down a window of time with Robert. But we should be ok for taking a look mid day on saturday.

OP
OP
D

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool, talk to you in the morning and THANK YOU so much for taking the time to help me out.

Scott

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang