Anyone Interested in a Power Retractable Hard Top?

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been thinking about the top issues with my SRT for quite some time. I love the convertible top, but I also like to participate in various track events. The idea of a 80-100 lb hard top that takes 2 people to put on for 4K seems like real hassle. I've have been looking for a company that could possibly fabricate a power retractalbe hard top for the SRT.

It seems to me that this would give us SRT owners the best of both worlds. I would imagine that the final product would be quite a bit lighter than the various hard top options available now considering the soft top remains in place when they are installed (correct me if I am wrong).

Anyway, I have found a company (www.coachbuildersltd.com) that has looked into this and considered it; however, they have not seriously contemplated the project due to the fact that they were not able to adequately quantify the interest in the viper community. They were not aware of the VCA or the large online community. I suggested that I put up a post to see what kind of interest would be generated.

Please respond with constructive comments and suggestions if you think this is a woth while venture.

Thanks,

Austin

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Assuming the functionality is good and the install doesn't require numerous changes I would definitely be interested. Good thinking !!

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one on my 95' Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder (VR4) made by ASC. It is excellent since new but was a very expensive item back then - try $20,000 over the standard car price. I'd be interested if it is done RIGHT!

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have seen a Corvette Z06 converted to a power retractable top. It looked awesome.
I am definitely in 100 times. Offer it in both fiber glass and carbon fiber to further save on weight.
I am sure it can be done with the "Z" pattern retractable top but we will probbaly loose the trunk space.

How many people do you need to get some pricing and info?

ART

OP
OP
V

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure, I told the guy I would put out some feelers for him online and he would get back to me in a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery