Anyone know anything about this race GTS?

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just browsing my images folder and came across this again. I found it on the net a few years back and never got around to asking about it. It looks to me like a landspeed setup however it may be setup for the mile? Anymore info?

You must be registered for see images attach

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assembled a team of investigators and we have concluded the following:

-> Car number is 488

-> Photo was taken on January 12, 2002

-> Tires appear to be round

We will continue to develop the list as resources become available.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were they a little off on that side exhaust measurement Dave?
How about "shaker" hood? based upon web address, i'd say it's got a 4-****** in it. :)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, good one dave, what about the inlinefour.com banner? perhaps this vipers venom was repaced with a 4banger?

seriously though, looks like a factory operation judging by the giant Mopar trailer

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That concept LSR car is sitting in a MoPar show booth.

I am pretty sure this was a brainchild / orphan of Herb "Grailkeeper" Helbig..ARROW did the motor, I think it had the GTS-R manifold and 10 stacks

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
any more info?

OK, just back from Detroit with significantly more INTERESTING info!

-The car in the picture is called "Blue Lightning" by the Team Viper Engineers.

- It was an endurance test car that ran in '95 when T.V. were developing the '96 GTS!

- Herb "Grailkeeper" Helbig did indeed drive ALL the official runs and set the two records.

- Among other things this 'mule' was used to develop the first Viper ABS system.

- It holds 2 land speed records, the Muroc record and the East Coast Timing Assoc. record it her class.

- The motor is a tricked up GTSR motor with 10-stack intake and 800hp.

- Still owned by SRT-Dodge, it sits in non-descript storage in an undisclosed location.

- I was given permission, and took several photos, but I dont know how to post them.

- This icon is pretty much "as you see it" but with many years of dust and flat tires!

- My new camera has a dinky-tiny card, and it does not work well in my card reader. Id LIKE to share the pix of Doris and Blue Lightning, and have SRT permission to do so, but alas I cannot til I get a new card reader.......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang