Anyone know if 315 hooisers will fit on stock ACR front rims?

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just too much understeer with the 295's and want to try 315's to help balance it some. So 315 have no rubbing issue or sidewall problems then on the 18's up front?

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have too much understeer also, and will be trying some 315's in the future also. It is funny how we talk about 295's having too much understeer, I think it is the widest front tire on any production car.... :D

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I have too much understeer also, and will be trying some 315's in the future also. It is funny how we talk about 295's having too much understeer, I think it is the widest front tire on any production car.... :D

I was thinking of 305's and I don't have quite as much front downforce as you guy's. Wouldn't 315's make the car feel loose.?

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
295->315 is a huge jump.

I'd also try the 305's before going to 315's..

I run 295/345 combo and also have tons of understeer. One thing I'm planning on trying when I get back in the car is more braking into the apex to help the nose bite a bit and get the car to rotate better. The rear of the car ends up feeling like its on glass though as the car rotates. Something you'd have to get used to.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
295->315 is a huge jump.

I'd also try the 305's before going to 315's..

I run 295/345 combo and also have tons of understeer. One thing I'm planning on trying when I get back in the car is more braking into the apex to help the nose bite a bit and get the car to rotate better. The rear of the car ends up feeling like its on glass though as the car rotates. Something you'd have to get used to.

There is no 305 R6 Hoosier so the jump is 295- 315 if you want a larger front. Options are 275, 295, 315 all in 18" more tire up front would make braking even better but I worry about too much roll on the sidewalls with the 315 but maybe some guys can chime in and give some real world experience?

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have run at least ten sets of 315's on my ACR, and trust me, there is no issue with the 315. It is better in every respect. I have some used 315 R6's for sale in the classifieds if you want to try them without putting down the money for a new set.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon- what negitive camber do you run up front . Sounds like you may need more. With stock size Hoosier I get very little under steer on mine. Also where is the under steer happening? ( entrance, mid turn, exit)

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon- what negitive camber do you run up front . Sounds like you may need more. With stock size Hoosier I get very little under steer on mine. Also where is the under steer happening? ( entrance, mid turn, exit)

I run about 2.5 negative up front and 1.2 in the back. Most understeer is mid to exit.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of 305's and I don't have quite as much front downforce as you guy's. Wouldn't 315's make the car feel loose.?
why would you think that, have you been drinking or something,:bonker: get back to the getto, little areo guy

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s sounds like good numbers and if the Caster and Toe are set right then wider tires may be a good option. The problem is mid corner under steer and exit under steer have very different cures.

Mid corner under steer - you stiffen the front/ increase pre load ( mid corner is hardest to correct)
Exit under steer - you stiffen the rear of the car

I would try a wider tire in the front and then see how it reacts to the change without making any other change to the car . Then you could make changes based on which ft size tire feels best overall. Remember sometimes the best feeling is not the fastest.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just too much understeer with the 295's and want to try 315's to help balance it some. So 315 have no rubbing issue or sidewall problems then on the 18's up front?

There is not such thing as "too much" tire on the front. I've run as big as 335s on the front, and yes they fit, on a Gen II as long as the wheels are straight when you open the hood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang