Anyone know of an alarm system that let's you control the windows remotely?

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking to be able to cycle the windows up and down on an 06' when I use my enclosed car trailer. I know some of the GM vehicles have a Window Valet by Top Down Technologies that they use, but the company does not make one for Dodge vehicles.

I figure the only way I would be able to do it is to install an aftermarket alarm system that has that capability. Was just wondering if anyone had one installed on their car, or knew of a system that had that functionality?

Thanks,

Tom

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to be able to cycle the windows up and down on an 06' when I use my enclosed car trailer. I know some of the GM vehicles have a Window Valet by Top Down Technologies that they use, but the company does not make one for Dodge vehicles.

I figure the only way I would be able to do it is to install an aftermarket alarm system that has that capability. Was just wondering if anyone had one installed on their car, or knew of a system that had that functionality?

Thanks,

Tom
Not on my viper but have been installing on other cars for many years. Majority of alarms will do this, as long as they have enough remote outputs to allow for this function. If you have never done this yourself, have a qualified shop do it for you. Remote window operation amounts to adding window roll up/down modules and connecting them to the remote output on the remote. I am pretty sure that adding aftermarket alarm will mean disabling the OEM alarm, thus, pick a quality shop and make sure they do not mess up your car since the door panels and other parts of the interior will have to come out.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks,

Tom

You just need to add a window control module. Something such as the Directed 530T will work.

http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/accessories/N530T_1-00.pdf

This module is triggered by the auxiliary outputs of the alarm you choose. So you can roll them up or down from the remote depending on the system and how its installed. It can also be set to automatically roll the windows up when the remote arms the alarm.

The factory alarm will not be disabled by simply installing an aftermarket alarm. One thing I am unsure of without digging into it is how the 1 touch feature or the factory window control modules on the Viper are set up and how they will affect installation.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Passlock bypass module. There are no factory window modules in viper, BCM controls this feature, along with the indexing feature. Window module will not affect the factory functions.
You just need to add a window control module. Something such as the Directed 530T will work.

http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/accessories/N530T_1-00.pdf

This module is triggered by the auxiliary outputs of the alarm you choose. So you can roll them up or down from the remote depending on the system and how its installed. It can also be set to automatically roll the windows up when the remote arms the alarm.

The factory alarm will not be disabled by simply installing an aftermarket alarm. One thing I am unsure of without digging into it is how the 1 touch feature or the factory window control modules on the Viper are set up and how they will affect installation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather