Anyone know this Viper??

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright sold my GTS a few months ago........ A little mad at myself to say the least, but getting a little anxious about finding another.

At this point I don't have a lot of cash floating around because of new business and other investments.

So that leads me to this. Anyone know much about this car? Came from MI judging by the plate.

http://newyork.ebayclassifieds.com/cars/bronx/salvage-2006-dodge-viper/?ad=15724416&msg=OUT_OF_AREA

Called and spoke with the company. The guy was a bit rude and short as I expected when dealing with salvage yards.

Anyways anyone know anything about it? I know its a big mistake to post it because somone may try and snag it up, but hopefully everyone is as honest and myself.

The guy said he can't sell it right know because of paperwork so he's waiting on that.

Thanks for any/all help!

-Tim

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tim, good to see ya back, was wondering what happened to ya. The price is right. Needs alot of cleaning, front end looks all cosmetic prob. 3-4k will fix that. I would definately have it put on a frame rack. good luck

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I am trying to weasel my way back into the Viper world. Sold my GTS, but miss it dearly.

It seemed to be cosmetic, and I also can't see any reason there would be significant frame damage, but needed other opinoins. I am going to try and follow this thing as much as possible.

Finger crossed!!!!

I figured slight frame damage for the price but IDK!!!

-Tim

AZWHTSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Timineside,
I noticed in the second picture the steering wheel is showing a hard left turn but the wheels in first picture are almost straight! It might suggest more than cosmetic damage. Maybe damage to steering and front end. Be careful and really check it over.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats cheap. Even with some frame pulling and a new steering rack thats cheap. If I hadnt bought another escalade this week Id be all over this one for a twin turbo build. Anyone want to buy an escalade????

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Timineside,
I noticed in the second picture the steering wheel is showing a hard left turn but the wheels in first picture are almost straight! It might suggest more than cosmetic damage. Maybe damage to steering and front end. Be careful and really check it over.

Ahhhhh good call! I knew something seemed a little tweeked about that. I was looking for evidence of damage, but seen no pictures of the passenger side. Good call on the steering wheel.

And I agree with you on the price still. I think with a frame pull and some suspension/steering issues its still worth the cash.

I am still looking into the car, the seller is a little of the goofy side though.

-Tim

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Looks like the steering wheel has been bent--or at least there is a break in the steering wheel---Dave