Anyone Painted the inside of there Rotors?

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If so what paint kind of paint did you use? I'm getting my calipers done and figured while I was at it I might as well clean those up.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fatboy. I Meant the inside of the rotors, the hat and backside of the rotors.
Same here. I actually coated the whole rotor - inside and out - then cut the powder coat of the friction sruface. Hats still look great but the coating ont he edge of the rotors turned color from heat.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I never knew it was possible to powder coat the rotors! Seeing as they are technically a throw away item, cost wise I would not have thought it was worth it! However my rotors are 2 piece and the hats are satin black. At the moment on the front I have a pair of stock rotors, these I got second hand, but they have a few thousand miles left on them. I rattle caned them satin black using high temp exhaust paint and they look fine.

Last week I went to a car dealers, they had sprayed the rotors silver on all the second hand cars and sorry to say it looked awfull. The black look is much cleaner.

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last week I went to a car dealers, they had sprayed the rotors silver on all the second hand cars and sorry to say it looked awfull. The black look is much cleaner.

I saw that some people had went red with there rotors with the calipers, but I think that might be a tad too much. Black is what I'm going to go with too. As long as it keeps the rust color down I'd rather not attract more looks to that area.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I powder'd mine as well. The finsih is impossible to chip. If you just clean and spray with rattle can paint. It will look like garbage in 1 week. Need to sandblast, then powder.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting my SRT-10 calipers powder coated. They suggested that I have them taken apart for powder coating. Has anyone done this? Is it hard to do, because I don't want to spend a fortune to have someone take out the pistons and then have them put them back in. I was quoted $45 a caliper to powder coat them. Thanks!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I never knew it was possible to powder coat the rotors! Seeing as they are technically a throw away item, cost wise I would not have thought it was worth it! However my rotors are 2 piece and the hats are satin black. At the moment on the front I have a pair of stock rotors, these I got second hand, but they have a few thousand miles left on them. I rattle caned them satin black using high temp exhaust paint and they look fine.

I dunno...the silver on the Stoptech's is pretty nice:

You must be registered for see images attach

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had my calipers powdercoated, I brushed my rotors gloss black, along with the emergency brake caliper too. These are the best pics I have for now...