Anyone purchase the SCT PCM programmer?

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have recently seen ads for the SCT Viper PCM reprogram device. It is advertised to add HP and to eliminate skip shift and also change fan thermostat setting. Has anyone purchased one and/or have experience with device? If so, what is your recommendation?
thanks,
PAvenom RT/10

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not on a viper but

Mate is a US performance car dealer and has a 650hp shelby GT500 and that was tuned with SCT programer (already had the tune on it though) but car drives perfect.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased an SCT Tuner Programmer about 5 months ago from fastpartsnetwork (Torrie) and I never got to the dyno but it seemed to have more power by seat of the pants. It also allowed the fan to come on sooner and idle better. BUT when I noticed my car running and smelled a little rich I decided to flash it and put in the mid octane tune, it resulted in completely ERASING my stock program and I did NOTHING different than the times before. I sent the tuner and PCM to SCT at their request and they still have my PCM and tuner going on 3 weeks and won't respond to my phone messages or emails. I had to purchase another PCM from Moparparts.com for $450 and Im waiting for it to come in so I can drive my car. (96' Viper GTS) When I did speak to a customer service rep at SCT, he stated that this has happened to other Vipers and other cars in the past. I told him that I suggested they list the possible and potential problems that may happen by using the SCT programmer. I don't reccomend SCT for these reasons and suggest getting all the information about what ever you decide to buy so this doesn't happen to and your car... Dalton Vaughn Albuq. NM

Last edited:

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
P.S. I asked SCT if they would compensate me for what theri tuner had done to my PCM but the only response I got was it was not the tuner's fault... I'm still waiting for some one at SCT to contact me and to return my PCM and tuner.

Dalton Vaughn
Albuq. NM
96' Viper GTS

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had the SCT tuner for about a year now. Cody and Dave at ART were the ones who did all of the work. In talking with them, I know that they had issues with receiving corrupted files from SCT, but it was always worked out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21