anyone thinking about trading their viper for a hummer?

Darell

Viper Owner
Reaction score
anyone thinking about trading their viper for a H1 hummer? I have a hummer military version that I would consider trading for a 03 or newer viper.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The new 08 hummer h2's have 400 hp. But having owned about 9 hummers, the h1s are dogs, unless its the last year of the h1s which had the duramax diesel and like 600 lbs of torque. I doubt many people here would want to trade a viper for a h1, theyre two totally different vehicles. Sell your h1, then shop around for the perfect viper for you.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry dude but no one could take you seriously with current gas prices.

Arent the H1's Diesel too? EVEN WORSE!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hummers are cool, well H1's are cool, H2's are ok, H3's are beefed up minivans, but even an H1 doesn't compare to a Viper. As pteam said, sell it (good luck w/diesel prices!) and then buy the Viper you want. The Viper market is garbage and all they take is premium and they get better gas mileage compared to an H1. I cringe just thinking about what gas money an H1 must cost these days.

mygpw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You should be able to market a military H1 to a military collector easy. Check with the MVPA, Military Vehicle Preservation Ass. They have a great web site. I have driven them overseas, Not a real Sunday driver for long distances and major maintenance issue's if its got many miles on it. But it should sell in the right market.
Check out the MVPA. I'm a member with a 1942 Military Jeep restored.

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm, lets see. Viper= 0-60 in 3.9secs or Hummer= 0-60 in 20secs.

Years ago I was somewhat interested in an H1, until I sat in it. Seats are as small as a typical airliner seat (coach class).

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good friend was kind enough to loan me his Hummer for a year. As much as I appreciated his generosity I came to the conclusion that Hummers were the worst vehicles on the planet.

Sorry, wish I could say something positive but I can't.

Oh wait, maybe they are great for off-roading. But I wouldn't know.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys never know... Almost the same value, people get out of the viper business all the time and trade for all kinds of crazy stuff.

What silly posts about gas prices tho duh, this is a viper board, we pay 3k in gas guzzler taxes (0 on the hummer). My h2 gets better gas mileage than my vipers (when they're being driven right, admittedly).

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an H1 and Viper. I love both but if I had to have just one ride it's hands down the H1 - not even close.

I take my car to the track all the time and have a blast in it but there's nothing like an expedition in my truck. I've wheeled all over North America doing some of the most difficult trails and loved every minute of it.

Viper - awesome!
H1 - more awesome!

H2's and 3's are crap and shouldn't be included in any discussion that involves real Hummers.

I'm not slamming Vipers - I love my car. I've had the privilege of driving some pretty impressive cars from the Lotus Exige to the Maseratti MC-12 and even an F-40 (all on the race track) and in my opinion the Viper shows itself well. Certainly the Viper is in an elite class of extremely high performance cars. But the Hummer is in a class of 1.

Your opinion may differ.

BTW, I get better mileage in my H1 than I do in my Viper - about 4mpg more but really, does it matter?

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always wanted a H1. Drove several hundred miles in them in the remotest parts of Africa when i was in the Marines and loved every minute of it.

To me the H1 is the offroad equivelant of the viper:2tu::usa:

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have a pristine condition 2003 H1 wagon. i put a 3" suspension lift on it and bigger tires. upgraded certain components for strength and have a pioneer z2 in it for sound and sights.
i "gently" offroad it and its walks over stuff ive had trouble with in other vehicles.
they only made abt 4-500 units per year for civilians, so the H1's are considered rare and maybe even exotic.
as far as H1 vs viper....the h1 is much rarer and hence after initial depreciation will hold its value better than a viper. as far as gas mileage goes.....what viper u guys driving, cause my h1 gets better mpg...:omg:. if i had to keep only 1 vehicle, in light of all things considered, id have to keep the H1.
i love both though....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang