Anyone try these diamond plate floor mats?

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not my interior, mine is ACR HC :D Currently have no floor mats. Are these "Ricey or Racey"?

Viper_04-08_driver_side.jpg

Dodge_Viper_04-08_both_mats.jpg

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They don't look like they would move around any. That would be a huge improvement over the OEM ones. Not sure I like the look though. Could you get them in black?

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy is on eBay. Not sure of GenII but don't see why not. I will ask about black anodized alum but I sorta like regular finish.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Diamond plate looks cool in the engine bay of a boat ;).

Pirelli floor looks even better
You must be registered for see images

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does look like they wouldn't move around too much. The stock ones move all over the place and the "snaps" on them are completely worthless.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's funny... Now I can make my Viper feel like my first Yamaha Rhino... That's a popular Side by Side ATV mod to cover up the floor after you put a stick through it... Got them on ebay... probably the same guy.

I know this may sound cheezy but I was amazed at how quickly the floormats in my Viper push forward. I took an awl and punched a hole in the back of the floormat just inside of the border and then put a heavy duty black zip tie through the hole leaving a 3" diameter loop that I just loop around the seat adjustment release lever. The mat doen't budge now and I just lift the loop off of the lever to remove the mat for cleaning. You wouldn't know it's there unless I told you.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The FAT floor mats are much better. The factory ones should be kept in a bag for car shows because they do move around and don't last that long. I have driving floor mats and show floor mats. They get dirty soooo fast. Those polished aluminium floor plates look like a Ferrari? I think that they'd be scratched up in about 2 days of a few thousand miles. though.

Ted

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, tough crowd. Good thing I care so much what you guys think. :D
As a matter of practicality, I considered these as mats you would not have to take out at the track, would not move around much, and complemented the "ass" like aluminum pedals.
But yeah, I see they are on a lot of ricers after doing a little more research and that drops the appeal significantly.

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:crazy2:
Aesthetically, it just doesnt go with the Viper "Theme". More for rugged off-road vehicles & construction equipment.

Here's an idea: get some carbon-fiber cloth and either make floor mats or line the footwells with it. You could make a floor mat combining a hard "glossy" cf panel in the pedal area with flexible cf cloth for the remaining mat area.
Eh, Eh?
:money::money::money:
:)