Anyone use CarJacket for winter storage?

Sameyeyam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live out in the country where chipmunks and mice like to store hickory nuts in headers, air cleaners, etc. This year I'm trying out the CarJacket and wonder if anyone else has. Unheated garage. Can't use the the battery tender though. Thanks in advance for any input.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never used it personally. Not being able to use the battery tender could be a problem though. More then likely the battery will be dead in the spring. Probably better then having to clean out hickory nuts though.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put a small hole in the jacket-run tender cable through and seal with silicone

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have two car jackets and the work great. i did poke a hole for my battery tender. just make sure you use something that absorbs moisture.

OP
OP
S

Sameyeyam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome...thanks for the feedback. Small hole and silicone will take care of the battery tender issue for sure. Comes with dessicant for the moisture issue.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need to put a hole in the jacket. I have used them on my classic cars for years and years. Just place the wire for the battery tender at the very end of zipper. Zip it tight to the cord. Easy and nothing will get in.

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but why don't you just take the battery out, put it downstairs sitting on a 2X12 on the floor with the battery tender plugged in. Springtime take out the battery and put it........done!!! Forget about punching holes....

OP
OP
S

Sameyeyam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks gbatejan...that's exactly what I ended up doing. The double zippers worked out great and ended up being the perfect spot for the battery tender cable. Sorry for the delay mykes, looks like Jimbo took care of you. John at Pineridge is a good guy to deal with. Hollywood, thanks for the input. In last 10 years, I've never had a problem with any battery I've left on a battery tender over the winter. Just never used the carbag before. Bagged the Viper last weekend. Took hours to get it ready...took 10 minutes to bag it. Doesn't take up much more room than the car and safely tucked away. I'll sleep better knowing hickory nuts aren't in my valves ;)

MoreBeer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks gbatejan...that's exactly what I ended up doing. The double zippers worked out great and ended up being the perfect spot for the battery tender cable. Sorry for the delay mykes, looks like Jimbo took care of you. John at Pineridge is a good guy to deal with. Hollywood, thanks for the input. In last 10 years, I've never had a problem with any battery I've left on a battery tender over the winter. Just never used the carbag before. Bagged the Viper last weekend. Took hours to get it ready...took 10 minutes to bag it. Doesn't take up much more room than the car and safely tucked away. I'll sleep better knowing hickory nuts aren't in my valves ;)

Hey Sameyeyam:

What size did you end up going with for the SRT? Also, did they honor the $199 price that was listed in a couple other threads? Need to order that and a batterytender this week!

-mb

OP
OP
S

Sameyeyam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Sameyeyam:

What size did you end up going with for the SRT? Also, did they honor the $199 price that was listed in a couple other threads? Need to order that and a batterytender this week!

-mb

Hey MB

Size is S3. I ended up paying full price...didn't know of any discounts. She's been bagged for couple weeks now..great fit and easy to use.

Quit rubbin it in MoparBoy and SoCal...someone's gotta keep the east and north side vettes in line, right?

Jimbos1980

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put mine away this weekend. Just ran the cable for the battery tender through the engine bay and out the front. It has 2 zippers that can allow the cable to run through.
You must be registered for see images attach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32