Anyone use Mopar brake bleeder?

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked this up from Jon B and it's not exactly what I was expecting. Seems to be a cap with an air pressure fitting. I have a compressor, so this is fine, but there's no reservoir for brake fluid. So, I'm not sure what the advantage is, other than freeing up one of my kids' feet from pumping the pedal while I work the bleeding? I would still have to top off the reservoir after a few pumps. Also, no instructions so if I did use it this way, what pressure would I set it to? Jon says he's never used one, but sells lots of them, so someone here must know.
Thanks!

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Used with a pressure bleeder. Fluid goes in pressure container, cap and fitting connect to feed line. Pressure forces fluid from container through cap into brake reservoir.

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So all I got was the cap? That's really amusing! Is there something about Viper brake reservoir caps that makes a standard pressure bleeder for American cars undesirable?

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Service Manual lists a Mopar pressure bleeder part number along with a Viper specific reservoir cap part number, Miller Tools. The pressure bleeder is not for sale anymore so you can buy one from Motive Products for $40-$50. The reservior cap (probably what you have) is $40 or $50 from Miller Tools but Motive Products has a Ford 3 prong adapter that fits "non-ABS" Vipers perfectly for about $10. ABS Vipers can use the universal.

I've used the Motive Bleeder and it rocks. Call Eric.

Hook up the bleeder, pump to 20psi, leave for 5 minutes, check gauge for leaks, remove top, add fluid, 20psi again, bleed brake then pump a few times to get back to 20psi again, do all 4 wheels, turn bleeder in side so it will stop picking up fluid, crack last bleed screw again until air draws in and brake reservoir is at normal mark.

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magnet: I have the Bleeder system from MotiveProducts. Go to http://www.motiveproducts.com/ Here is where you will find the pressure system. Apparently all Jon is selling is the cap that fits the Viper and their canister. I remember I had to purchase the cap separately from the system I purchased from them.

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is exactly the type I'm looking for, and the universal model does fit the ABS Viper. Just ordered one. Thanks!

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magnet, Does the cap you bought from Jon fit your car (ABS)? If not, return it.

The universal cap on the Motive is fine but let me give some advice. Install it with no fluid in the bleeder. Turn the wingnuts just enough before the top starts to flex. Pressurize the tank 20psi and walk away for a few minutes. Check to see for leaks. If not, fill with fluid and pressurize again. Don't touch the cap. This wa you'll ensure you don't have a leak and fluid goes on car.

I did this with a BMW a few weeks ago, worked perfect. I have the specific cap for my Viper (non ABS) so I use both.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4