Apache..oooh...

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many here have seen this Bad Boy in their rear-view mirror...AND...smiled!?! :usa: :omg: :cool:
Apachemymirror.jpg

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! A few years ago one of our own Apache's had to make an emergency landing just a few miles away from here due to navigating equipment failure, still have the pics somewhere. And it also helped that my dad is an ex-airforce guy so he could get some normally restricted cockpit shots :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT is a great picture, Nadine!!!! Yeah, we'd have loved it if that happened to us too...looks like you are on an airfield? NICE Viper too BTW!!!! Did you get to run on that airfield??? THAT would be heaven.....~juli~

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Are you running narcotics again??" :rolaugh:

Hey Kyle, thanks for the link, not seen those flickr pics, cool find!

Juli, yes we got to run on the airfield, although some of us not for too long; I bust my trans and coasted through the 3/4 mile shoot out in neutral at 162 mph :(

I got to sit in the Heli for ages, and had instruction of all the controlls, complex weapons systems, and design of the Apache, apparently the trans on them is mega strong, and designed to run dry (if it should take a hit)! There were 16 of those bad boys on the base, more thirsty than a supercharged Viper at $50k an hour each to run :omg:

apacheviperairfield.jpg

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
If I saw that in my rear view mirror, I'd take some very specific action- First, I'd release the chaff and flares, then, I'd fill my drawers.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli, yes we got to run on the airfield, although some of us not for too long; I bust my trans and coasted through the 3/4 mile shoot out in neutral at 162 mph :(
Nadine, that must've been a bummer--BUT who else ever GETS to run on an airfield with our Vipers??? THAT must've been very cool---but sorry to hear about the tranny!~!
Thanx for your reply~~~juli