Apology to Ohio VCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was threatended this would be posted so I post it myself

Well guys, being a hard working business man has caused me to fail in making an approx $200.00 payment that was owed to them for the Food that was provided in the Jegs Suite. I have not been home for weeks and traveling across the country and To be honest have not had time to follow through on the payment. The check Book is in Ky and I will be able to pay this bill over the weekend.

A Ohio VCA member by the name of Sam has sent me the attached Email.

Folks
I do the race for free and I work hard to make it the best as possible. There are alot of others that work behind the scenes to make this event try an happen. but to be honest it just aint worth it! everytime I fail to give someone credit or I forget to update the points or I just plain screw up, I get emails cussing me out or telling me how screwed up it is and how unfair it is. well maybe some of these people should realize how much time it has taken of my life and how much personel money I have spent. each race takes hours to design T-shirts make track arrangements and Hotel arrangements and answer questions and make sure my car is ready and awards are done and shipped, all to get slammed at every mistake.

Sorry guys but I have about had it.

my response is followed by his email! sorry for the vent but maybe the Viper world is not ready for a real race series!!!

thanks for listening, Ohio I appreciate the money you gave the racers for the purse! $1500.00 they appreciate it too. I am also really sorry about the delay in Your money, not meant but trust me I always pay my bills!! the race we had there was the best outside of Florida, I hate the fact you feel the way you do.

David,
The last I heard from you was on 9/5. you advised me that you would take
care of the $200 invoice for the food from the V10 Nationals in Columbus
"the first of the week". I am very disappointed that you have not done
what you said you would do. I will make sure that our board members
know how you have handled this. We gave you $1500 plus paid for 1/2 of
the food. ( All of it at this point) If my vote and influence in Ohio
have any say, you won't see much Ohio support in the future, without
some serious work on your part! I will also let Todd Iden know about it
before he throws any of Jeg's money at you. I don't need to hear any
excuses, that's all they would be. Please don't count on my help at any
future events, I spent a few hours rounding up all the food and setting
it up. If the invoice isn't paid within 7 days, I will go to the VCA
website and air it out, for what it's worth. Most of the Viper
community probably already has you figured out!! Your lack of respect
and ******** are not needed in Ohio!!
Sam Goldfarb
Ohio VCA Secretary

sent me this message

David,

I agree with Sam as far as I'm concerned we won't support you and I think
that you were not very thankful to the Ohio Club and I won't have the club
support any more of your events in the State on Ohio. We went out of our way
to support you and hopefully you to make money at this event and we didn't
even get paid or a thanks. So don't count on us again.

TERRY BOSSERMAN
PRESIDENT OHIO VIPER CLUB
FINDLAY, OHIO 45840
419-424-3224

MY RESPONSE

Easy trigger! I indeed told you that I had the V-10 Nationals stuff on my desk and would take care of it the first of the week, being after 9/5. I have since been to Dallas for VOI to pick up a car. I had the check book for the V-10 Nationals that I was going to give you the check there as you said you would be there., I had to leave after one night at VOI due to an emergency in my office in FLorida. I therefore did not see you in which I could not pay you. I still have the V-10 Nationals folder that needs to be gone through and some other bills handled as well. I will pay the invoice! due to my extreme schedule this matter has slipped my mind. I sincerely apologize for this matter adn will take care of it ASAP.

However, Your email is totally not accecptable. the work I do for the V-10 Nationals is tremendous!!! far more than any other person does for FREE!!! this is not profittable and to be honest it is getting old as people like yourself write Emails and complain over $200.00. you should look through the post made and it was stated and noted that Ohio was the best place outside of Florida for the Race!!! no questions asked!!!! not sure how you have arrived at these feelings but your statements concerning me is not accurate nor callled for!

If you do not want the race to come there that is your choice. however, I have met several club members in your club that would offer a different opinion. they travel the country to race not for just a one race shot. we did the race there for them and it turned out great!!!

Again I appreciate your support of the race and I find it sad that you would choose not to work with the v-10 Nationals especially something this small! This is an oversight on my behalf and certainly not meant to cause this disturbance! for the record many of your club memebrs showed up and raced for the gate entry which i allowed as a good jesture for your club and the support it offered.

I have called your president concerning this matter he has yet to call me back. Sam please feel free to call me at 502-376-1484. When I return to Louisville I will issue the check as promised if this matter is going to break your club I will fed Ex a personal account.

again the work I do is a free and My business is covered up which requires 110% of my time not a race that recieves emails such as the one you sent.

regards

David Boggs

Reaction score
David,
how long did they have to wait? Was the days or weeks geting to them? F*** them, David! I "might" buy their BS if it was $2000...but $200??? What is their f***ing address and I'll send them a check myself!

Never mind.....I'll get the address for Joe and send them a check. I will, at that point, never set foot in Ohio again, even if it means I have to drive AROUND it.

**Disclaimer....yes, there are usually two sides to every story, but I just don't care. Hopefully their reign as VCA Leaders in that area is coming to an end (Ohio should be so lucky)!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of respect to my many Ohio friends that I am sure will be as pissed as I am at the way these e-mails were worded............for once I am going to restrain from giving my thoughts.

What I have already done tonight is: placed an envelope/$200 check in my mail box addressed to Terry Bosserman/Ohio VCA. It will go out when the mail is picked up tommorrow am. I'm sure you know what to do with it....if not I can make suggestions. Tony

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohio ....you need to elect new officers. That is unreal for $200.00. If anyone should be complaining it's David. He works hard to plan and organize the V10 Nats, and I'm quite sure he has spent more that $200.00 out of his pocket to make these events happen. Hang in there David there are plenty of us out here that support and appreciate what your doing. :2tu:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to speak up for both parties ......the Ohio VCA is a very good group, as well as DR. Roof. He moved his company into Florida after 2 major hurricane hitting our state and left VOI 8 early to return to Florida for the third potential hurricane Ivan that turned the last minute from hitting our state at the last minute.

I believe all parties are desiring the same things are we not?????

Cudaman :usa:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't even a matter of principle. This irrational statement regarding $200 bux is more like Offensive. David is a Giver of a SERIES!! $200 Bux?? What The Heck guys? Relax! This isn't an Elite Job, You will get paid, but your demeanor is VERY unacceptable. More than Money, you both owe an apology to David. REMEMBER, ITS JUST A CAR!! Integrity has NO PRICE ITS EARNED!

SHEESH!!

Jay K.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldnt accurately guess how much money David has spent on his own and how much his time is worth in $$. Seeing him at work at Topeka shows me his love of the sport and his passion for all of us to have a great event in which to meet, greet, and compete (i just made that up). I'll put in $20 if it helps, tell me where to send the check, its the least I could do.

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roof was a big man to post this and apologize. But why not just take care of them and be done with it. If you got 3 Vipers, a 12,000 sf house, big rig racing transporter and profitable company paying for all the above, then you got to have a secretary somewhere with a check book who can write a check and mail it out. Or just toss 2 hundred dollar bills in a fedex envelope and be done with it.

Heck, send them 300 bucks, 200 for what you owe and another 100 bucks so they can go get some anger management therapy.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only been to one V-10 National event (so far) and that was Columbus. It was an excellent event that got me hooked on racing my car. Like David said, the turn out was awesome, second only to Florida. It would be a real shame and a loss to the viper community for this event not to happen next year over a $200 check.
I applaud Dr. Roof for taking on the roll of organizing these events and giving us viper owners our own racing series where we can hang out, race, and meet other viper enthusiasts. Not many people would, or could do it. I also give thanks to the Ohio VCA for helping to sponsor the Columbus event. I just hope they see how many people enjoyed the event (Ohio members as well) and look past the current check issue and continue to support the event next year. It only benefits us, the viper owners.

NOTTDADZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Ohio club wants results, perhaps they should take an HR course on how to write proper letters. Try to refrain from using the word Bulls**t in your letter, you will get much better results by being professional. When you write phrases like that you not only make yourself look un-educated but you make the rest of the Ohio club look poor. People on this board now, will associate Ohio members with this story.

My .02

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OHIO VCA *****. Years ago when I first got into Vipers I asked over and over about what is going on in the area and I even wanted to flush 100.00 down the toilet to join the VCA and they NEVER once got back with me. I gave up.

After reading this story..maybe that was a good thing. :p

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
David is hard working and dedicated to the sucess of the V10 Nationals. The current situation with his business in Florida has led to what is a small oversite on his part and I am sure it was not intentional.
Sam is the hardest working member of the Ohio club and dedicates many hours and his own money to help insure that the club is sucessful. Both men are committed to their responsiblities and it is a shame that Davids oversite and Sams desire to protect the club ran into each other.
I have great respect for both men and both organizations and want to see the Ohio VCA and the V10 Nationals continue to grow together. If I can help in anyway for either or both sides please let me know.

Toby: our club does not ****, we have many great members and always have a good time but the number of events and the locations are dictated by who is willing to spend the time to organize the event. Cincinnati needs a good representative to organize events down there, I will pay your $100 for 2005 if you will organize something down there for us to come.

Tony Rockhold
Proud Ohio VCA member and V10 National participant.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David is hard working and dedicated to the sucess of the V10 Nationals. The current situation with his business in Florida has led to what is a small oversite on his part and I am sure it was not intentional.
Sam is the hardest working member of the Ohio club and dedicates many hours and his own money to help insure that the club is sucessful. Both men are committed to their responsiblities and it is a shame that Davids oversite and Sams desire to protect the club ran into each other.
I have great respect for both men and both organizations and want to see the Ohio VCA and the V10 Nationals continue to grow together. If I can help in anyway for either or both sides please let me know.

Toby: our club does not ****, we have many great members and always have a good time but the number of events and the locations are dictated by who is willing to spend the time to organize the event. Cincinnati needs a good representative to organize events down there, I will pay your $100 for 2005 if you will organize something down there for us to come.

Tony Rockhold

Very well put Tony :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Roof was a big man to post this and apologize. But why not just take care of them and be done with it. If you got 3 Vipers, a 12,000 sf house, big rig racing transporter and profitable company paying for all the above, then you got to have a secretary somewhere with a check book who can write a check and mail it out. Or just toss 2 hundred dollar bills in a fedex envelope and be done with it.

Heck, send them 300 bucks, 200 for what you owe and another 100 bucks so they can go get some anger management therapy.

I would have worked it out behind the scene instead. All this seems like now is who is on my side thread.

Just pay them and be done with it. No need to sling mud everywhere..it just divides up the Viper community.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I welcome all Ohio members who want to cross the Mason-Dixon into the Bluegrass State.
We'll gladly claim the Dr.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I think there is also a cry for understanding in addition to the $200 issue. I think we all know how discouraging it can be to pour oneself into a project only to be critisized for every little mistake or for things that go wrong. I have never been involved in said event but I am sure David did the very best he could do and deserves everyone's encouragement. Not many would undertake such a task.

[/quote)There are alot of others that work behind the scenes to make this event try an happen. but to be honest it just aint worth it! everytime I fail to give someone credit or I forget to update the points or I just plain screw up, I get emails cussing me out or telling me how screwed up it is and how unfair it is. well maybe some of these people should realize how much time it has taken of my life and how much personel money I have spent. each race takes hours to design T-shirts make track arrangements and Hotel arrangements and answer questions and make sure my car is ready and awards are done and shipped, all to get slammed at every mistake.

Sorry guys but I have about had it.

[/QUOTE]

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ohio club is one of the largest and most active in the country. This is an unfortunate communication incident that should of been resolved in private. The correspondence to David was overly emotional and should not of been aired in public as it reflects on the entire OHIO VCA membership.
As a promoter I certainly understand the time constraints put on David. And on a scale of 10 with other business responsibilites in David's life, this small potatoes. Lets move on!! As race director for the OHIO VCA I welcome the V10 National back to OHIO and will work to make it a success>

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know much about the Ohio VCA, myself. I have not attended any of the V10 races (missed Quaker due to weather), nor have I attended any of the Ohio VCA functions (none in my area). I have however received some nice invitations from the Cinn & Columbus areas to participate in their events (thanks guys !).

I do however have 3 experiences to relay. Upon signing up last winter, I wrote an email to Terry with all of the typical newbie questions. I was thrilled to participate in something viper related. After 2 weeks of no response I sent a second email to both Terry & John Wojnar (vice president). I got a respose in short order from both gentlemen. I on a separate occasion sent an email to Sam with some simple newsletter questions and never did get a response.

CONVERSELY - Roof contacted me about going cruising together since he was working in my town at the time. Every email/contact I have had with the "Good Doctor" has gone very well. He even had time to talk to a friend of mine who stopped by to "talk vipers" during Roof's busy office hours.

I suspect that no one had intention to omit paying such a trivial amount. As SilverBlueGTS stated, please just pay Sam via the quickest method and be done with it. On the other hand, I have found that many people who get frustrated quickly are probably doing to much and/or feel very unappreciated.

Roof: My friend who will probably never get a viper really appreciated the time you took to talk to him... I also love seeing your assortment of crazy lifted trucks, that jeep, and those vipers parked in your lot as I pass by :2tu:

I don't really "get anything" out of being a Ohio VCA Member, but I still want to be one. I'm hoping this all gets worked out. As far as making statements like ->
I agree with Sam as far as I'm concerned we won't support you and I think
that you were not very thankful to the Ohio Club and I won't have the club
support any more of your events in the State on Ohio.

All I have to say is WOW. As with any story there is more than one side, but guys that's a deep line in the sand. Being a non-participating club member my opinion weighs less than others I'm sure, but that is my $.01

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds to me like it will all work out fine in the end. Commmunication is the problem here, and not $200-.

Damn, if people only knew about Paypal!! :p :eek:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony Rockhold

Very well put Tony :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Ditto! :2tu:

Jay K.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds to me like it will all work out fine in the end. Commmunication is the problem here, and not $200-.

Damn, if people only knew about Paypal!! :p :eek:

I hate Paypal, bunch of son-a................. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Reaction score
Rather than delete the thread since it has all been worked out.....and removing threads ALWAYS leads to some sort of ruckus (did I spell that right?)... I can confirm that I have communicated with both parties (just hung up with David), and the issue is resolved. I can honestly say that I beleive everyone of us have hit the "send" button a little too fast at one point or another. Piss-poor communications is all it was....we've all been there. I just wanted to post the latest status before I locked the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.