Are 2000's really the fastest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Are 2000\'s really the fastest?

Jon,

You don't own a gen 2 any more, right? Yet you choose to come in and spew your venom? Nice way to build camaraderie. If you attend club events I hope you are nicer in person (if only superficially).

Oh, great observation you made...of course most of the responses are from Y2K owners... happen to notice the thread title and the fact that this is the RT/10 and GTS discussion board?

As you said "information and various perspectives makes Viper family what it is", true enough, but not the way you handle it.

I agree with a prior post, Putz...a putz that is full of himself at that.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Please detail what it is about a 2000 Viper motor that generates more horsepower and torque than previous years, other than Randy's opinion. I would like to hear some actual facts that back up that statement.
Uh, Jon, your reading ability seems to be about on par with the other Jon's counting ability. I never once said this which you attribute to me concerning horsepower and torque. I've double-checked what I've written, and at the most, I've suggested (not claimed) that the lighter pistons might add to the engine's performance, which was indeed part of the goal. You're welcome to disagree with me, but I would ask that you are actually disagreeing with *me* instead of attempting to put words in my mouth. :cool:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

lol. All 2000 owners. I dont really see others who are unbias agreeing with you guys, but thats fine.
Then you evidently need to re-read past your own misconceptions. I see others in this thread without a 2000 and yet with clearly more experience around Vipers than you, who have contradicted you. I'm sure that if you put your intellect in gear that you can even find these postings.
The reason I kept posting is that Randy just thinks if he gets the last word in, that THAT somehow makes him right, and it doesnt. (I'm sure someone will argue I'm using the same tactic, but I just wanted to make sure that people didnt think I was being silent becuase he was right, anything but).
I'll grant you that you are definitely ironically amusing in this regard, especially since you go so far as to even point it out. :cool:
I chose not to buy a 2000 back when I first started searching for Vipers, and you guys chose to buy them. We have different interests and opinions in which Viper is best for us.
I'm glad you finally agree with me. I'm amazed it took this long for you to realize it.
But if you guys want to fault me for coming in here and posting my opinion when the title of the post itself insights one to respond with an opinion, then your really missing out on the point of a forum.
The word is "incites", not "insights". :2tu:

So, all of this is your "opinion"???? Strange, I see a number of postings prior to this one where you state it is "fact". Phrases that start with "Fact is" lead me to this observation. I hate to evidently be the first to tell you, but your opinion is actually not the same as fact. True, it could be, but when you fail to acknowledge the clear truth in dissenting opinions, it does not help your credibility in the least.

As far as the subject "inciting" you to respond, how did you get from simply denying the subject line's "2000's are fastest" **question** to saying that it was "in fact" the worst year? Thats a bit of a stretch, even for one such as you. How about instead, next time, you just offer some facts in rebuttal, other than opinions that you claim are facts. At least one posting detailed a basis in fact for the subject claim, that no-one has yet rebutted, and one person chose to misquote in an effort to dispute. Personally, I would expect the 2002's to possibly be the fastest, but the FE people do enough claiming of that so I don't have to help them any.
We wont always agree, we probably all have opinions, and I for one freely share mine, and dont mind if it ruffles a few feathers in the process, because in the end, information and various perspectives makes Viper family what it is.
I totally agree, with one caveat: repeatedly saying that the y2k Viper is the worst year for Vipers without qualification and thus presenting it as a well-known fact, is simply and patently stupid, and is certainly not part of any "family" I would want to be part of.
I promise NEVER to be silent, so If you want promises, thats one you can count on from me.
Once again, problems with words. Don't you mean "threat", instead of "promise"? :cool:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please detail what it is about a 2000 Viper motor that generates more horsepower and torque than previous years, other than Randy's opinion. I would like to hear some actual facts that back up that statement.
Uh, Jon, your reading ability seems to be about on par with the other Jon's counting ability. I never once said this which you attribute to me concerning horsepower and torque. I've double-checked what I've written, and at the most, I've suggested (not claimed) that the lighter pistons might add to the engine's performance, which was indeed part of the goal. You're welcome to disagree with me, but I would ask that you are actually disagreeing with *me* instead of attempting to put words in my mouth. :cool:

Was responding to Luc, who stated it as fact. He didn't mention he was referring to older Gen 1 Vipers in the original post. His obvious inference was to earlier Gen 2 Vipers, and his statement was bullshiit.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Was responding to Luc, who stated it as fact. He didn't mention he was referring to older Gen 1 Vipers in the original post. His obvious inference was to earlier Gen 2 Vipers, and his statement was bullshiit"

If from what I wrote:

"The truth is, that compared to some of the previous years, the 2000 has:

More horsepower
more torque

Do that meean that with my 2000, I'm looking down as the owners of a 95 Viper and telling them that they have the worst year because they have less horsepower "

you state that I didn't mention refering to GEN1 ( what is a 95 ?).....
yyou either don't know your Vipers very well or don't understand what you're reading.

Not only did I mention GEN1 but I also specifically said "compared to SOME of the previous year.

Anyone not blinded by their own ego, will have understood the the comparison with HP/TQ was with the 95 and the comparison with a nicer interior with a 98

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Please detail what it is about a 2000 Viper motor that generates more horsepower and torque than previous years, other than Randy's opinion.
I never once said this which you attribute to me concerning horsepower and torque. I've double-checked what I've written, and at the most, I've suggested (not claimed) that the lighter pistons might add to the engine's performance, which was indeed part of the goal.
Was responding to Luc, who stated it as fact.
Ah, OK - the way you wrote it would seem to imply that I said this, which I did not. :cool:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Take it easy, Luc. At least you have power mirrors. :2tu:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll leave you lemmings to be. Its sad that Inferno cant speak his mind and not have his post removed (twice now). But oh well, its all good. Enjoy your 2000s, and I'm glad someone likes them even if its only their owners.

Jon

EDITED...Inferno's post removed again for the same reasons it was removed before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang