Are there any all season tires?

DarkBeam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am seriously considering buying a gen 3 viper however the only thing thats holding me back is that I am unable to find any all season tires as this would be my daily driver. I searched places like tirerack and I am not showing anything. Do any of you know of any all season tires that fit on the stock wheels? Thanks!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The closest you will probably get are the Michelin SuperSports. I have them on my 04 that I daily drive and they are awesome in most conditions. They have zero problems with even torrential rain at highway speeds until they start getting really thin on tread. They are okay in the cold, but they are still ultimately a performance tire, so you shouldn't really push them that hard when it's super cold out. What sort of conditions do you think you'd be driving it in? A northern "all season" vs. a southern "all season" can be a pretty big difference.

In the end a lot of it just has to do with driving style too. When conditions aren't good just don't be stupid. Drive it like a normal car and it won't complain. Though I can say that even a dusting of snow was enough to pretty much reduce my car to worthless. Tried to go a few blocks to get to cleared streets on 1/8" of snow or less and I couldn't even get the clutch all the way out with zero throttle without spinning the tires. Even tried launching in second with no throttle and got the same results.

OP
OP
D

DarkBeam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply you guys. I am serious. I am coming from a z06 that i had some continental dws06 tires that I loved! I don't mind the harsh suspension of the viper and could live with it on a daily basis. The only thing thats stopping me from getting a Viper is that I can't find any tires I could enjoy year round :( Any other suggestions would be great. I live in Virginia so winter times it does get around 20 degrees.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm in Kansas and have driven my SuperSports down to the teens with no real issues. You just have to be careful.

OP
OP
D

DarkBeam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if its possible to have any all season tires maybe stretched on? Also another idea I had was just buying not as wide rims for the car to fit some on. Thoughts anybody?

OP
OP
D

DarkBeam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is no way you are serious
Yes I am, I just want to daily drive the car and be okay in all situations. I still want to have fun and have traction even if its cold out. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
You know, people loose these cars on bright sunny days with great tires. Doing something sketchy whith the wheels/rubber in bad conditions seems foolish

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, he's not asking wether or not to paint a dolphin on the hood. His querie is legitimate. He wants better traction in bad weather. OP, if you want to have a really serious conversation about traction in bad weather, call JonB at ViperPartsRack. I suggest calling him tomorrow morning at 9:00 am sharp Pacific Standard Time........:D

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I still want to have fun and have traction even if its cold out. I
don't know why that's so hard to understand.

Its not that we dont understand it, its that youre asking for
your cake and to eat it too. I mean I would love for my Viper
to get 600hp AND 70mpg, its just not in the cards with current
technology.

Realistically I would find it hard to believe there would be a
comparable difference between the ZO6s Continentals and the
Gen3s Pilots on cold, dry road. The real difference would be in
the Vette's willingness to save your life if things got sideways.
The viper has no such qualms.

Short story long, you need skill to drive this car in warm, dry
weather. If you have ANY concern about something as beign
as cold air I would really suggest getting a DD for the winter
months.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I don't know about all-seasons, but I did look at snow tires once to see if I could find a winter set. There are some winter tires for Porsches in the Viper front size at least (285 section width). I had the same thought as you of just buying another set of front rims and running them on the back and running 285 tires all around. They are dedicated winter tires though, so you'd really be better off with a full set of spare rims and just swap them with the weather.

OP
OP
D

DarkBeam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to all that left good feedback, I really appreciate it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456