ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY FOR IT??

GOT VENM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone seems to want DC to upgrade the viper...horse power, traction, etc...How much would you be willing to pay to have this "ultimate viper"?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the beauties of the Viper is that Dodge made a low production exotic muscle car that anybody can own.

I think they should give the 2007 engine boost up in the 600hp range and an ACR version with traction control MSRP $90k. But make a SRT/R with 800hp-1000hp range limited production of like 500-1000 per year and sell them at like $150K

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the beauties of the Viper is that Dodge made a low production exotic muscle car that anybody can own.

I think they should give the 2007 engine boost up in the 600hp range and an ACR version with traction control MSRP $90k. But make a SRT/R with 800hp-1000hp range limited production of like 500-1000 per year and sell them at like $150K

At 150k, it better look better than the gen3's now.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If DC raises the price to well over $150k, why stop there. Go all out and make an Enzo and Saleen S7 ******. The fact that Vipers are reasonably priced and are relatively low tech is why I prefer them to the high maintenance Lamborghinis or Ferraris.
DC will probably need to keep the price similar to or lower than it is now to sell 2000 Vipers per year. It would be too difficult to sell that many at $150k and production would have to slow and jeopardize the whole platform.

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A car anybody can own? At $80 some thousand dollars, it may be a lot of car for the money, a great deal, even the bargain of the century, but there are very few people who can pay that kind of money for a car.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If DC raises the price to well over $150k, why stop there. Go all out and make an Enzo and Saleen S7 ******.

They tried that... the ME412... and DC pulled it because it was kicking MB's Pinnochio SLR's @$$. Let's see if Deiter has the b@lls to resurrect this thing.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/me412.html

That said... keep the Viper simple and natural!

Informative article Warfang. I saw a picture of the ME412 but never knew it was so close to production. Shows proof of what I suspected of favoritism by DC towards Mercedes. Like you said hopefully Deiter will end this BS because resources are being wasted.
I believe most cars should be allowed to follow their natural course of development. Improvements should be made till the car reaches the end of production due to lack of demand and profitability. The Viper and SLR exist at the same time and demand will dictate which lasts longer. Favoring one over the other hurts long term profitability and is not smart business.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've spent more than $40,000 upgrading my Viper. I guess that tells you what value I place on increased performance.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If DC raises the price to well over $150k, why stop there. Go all out and make an Enzo and Saleen S7 ******.

They tried that... the ME412... and DC pulled it because it was kicking MB's Pinnochio SLR's @$$. Let's see if Deiter has the b@lls to resurrect this thing.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/me412.html

That said... keep the Viper simple and natural!

Informative article Warfang. I saw a picture of the ME412 but never knew it was so close to production. Shows proof of what I suspected of favoritism by DC towards Mercedes. Like you said hopefully Deiter will end this BS because resources are being wasted.
I believe most cars should be allowed to follow their natural course of development. Improvements should be made till the car reaches the end of production due to lack of demand and profitability. The Viper and SLR exist at the same time and demand will dictate which lasts longer. Favoring one over the other hurts long term profitability and is not smart business.

Why by an ugly SLR for a million bucks when you can get an ME412 for half that? No way the karuts would stand for that. Despite what the apologists here may deny, the krauts treat the American brands like a stepchild, and the auto press acknowledges it with a wink and nudge (seems to go around a lot). :rolleyes:

We kick their @$$ every time. You can take the brand out of the US, but you can't take the US out of the brand! :2tu:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
A car anybody can own? At $80 some thousand dollars, it may be a lot of car for the money, a great deal, even the bargain of the century, but there are very few people who can pay that kind of money for a car.

What I mean by “anybody can own” is they made enough of them that they are not all setting in some collectors garage waited for some trust to inherit them and you can buy older ones for $30k or less. The average guy is never going to buy a Saleen or MB SLR or Ford GT for that price.