ASC Empolyee and I paint Vipers

ldq23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a painter at ASC in Livonia, MI and I might have painted about 50% of the cars you guys own, i dont own a Viper right now but I will soon

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ASC Empolyee

Welcome, Can you give us any insight on the possibilities of seeing any of the ASC Diamond Back Carbon Fiber parts making it to a production Viper? I know you probably can't say so how about one wink for yes and two winks for no.

OP
OP
L

ldq23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

we do what the people want so contact your dealer and "Dreams Become Reality" our slogan

OP
OP
L

ldq23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

new colors coming also "cant name them, sorry"

prosthogod

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I needed to repaint the front facia and rock panels behind the front wheels, should I have a paint shop do it or dealer to get the best match on an '03 black.

OP
OP
L

ldq23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We paint completely different than any body shop, but the black in most shades are very close to match so if someone paint specific parts of your car make sure they paint the entire part, the whole front fascia for example. At my job we should work something out with the owners to repair cars "for a fee" but with the original paint so it looks perfect

OP
OP
L

ldq23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

we keep all paint codes for everything we paint so it would not be trouble to get that red you need

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey welcome to the club :2tu: Give us a hint of what colors might be coming up :D Hope its not green...

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
97 Blue

How difficult is it to match the blue paint on a '97 Blue/White GTS?
I understand there are at least 3 shades of that color.
Also, is the 2006 FE Coupe painted with the exact same color blue as my '97?

Matt

OP
OP
L

ldq23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 97 Blue

Both blues look very close to the eye but differ in many ways, the 97 blue is easy to obtain, even the white for the stripes are pretty different

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I swear to God, if they make White a regular color, I will go Postal. I am REALLY sick of Dodge offering LE colors, then screwing the LE guys by making it a regular color soon after, killing the appeal of the LE cars.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Idg23,

OK. This has been a question that has not 'really' been answered as far as I know. Maybe you can provide some expert advice. On many Gen II Vipers, paint bubbles eventually start to appear. They change in size depending on the weather. It is said that these are caused by the resin body panels trying to 'breathe', as they were not fully cured before painting. Do you have any insight on this? Have you ever seen or dealt with this problem? Any fix?

Also, was there any issues with 1998 and 1999 Silver paint you are aware of? The rumor is they stopped producing this color due to the difficulty painting cars in this silver.

Reaction score

Our region (N. Calif.)toured ASC while attending the "Dream Cruz". We were impressed with the attention to detail and overall result. Few owners know how much work goes into each panel.

Keep up the "Great Work"!

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I swear to God, if they make White a regular color, I will go Postal. I am REALLY sick of Dodge offering LE colors, then screwing the LE guys by making it a regular color soon after, killing the appeal of the LE cars.

Dan, They do it every time. Look at the 50 buyers that lined up for the Yellow VCA Edition, then all of the sudden Yellow is standard.

I'm sure it will happen with White too. There was the White 96 RT's, The White 98 GTSR's, 3 White GTS's, The White Mamba's, now an 06 White with blue stripes, So I would expect more White's down the road.

The blue, although it's only blue and silver, but the blue is there shortly after the first editions are let loose.

How about the Final Editions GTS, like in your photo.... Last one, line up, buy em all now, we'll never make another one.... oops, here's another coupe, oh wait, plus here's another coupe in Red and White.

I hate to seeing that happen. You can't trust that any "Limited" Viper run will mean anything. It will surely be followed by something almost just like it in regular production.

Dodge
Customer :bonker:

And we just keep lining up for more!

OP
OP
L

ldq23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Idg23,

OK. This has been a question that has not 'really' been answered as far as I know. Maybe you can provide some expert advice. On many Gen II Vipers, paint bubbles eventually start to appear. They change in size depending on the weather. It is said that these are caused by the resin body panels trying to 'breathe', as they were not fully cured before painting. Do you have any insight on this? Have you ever seen or dealt with this problem? Any fix?

Also, was there any issues with 1998 and 1999 Silver paint you are aware of? The rumor is they stopped producing this color due to the difficulty painting cars in this silver.
there are a few known problem with those SMC material parts on Gen I, II cars, we know it as substrate and yes it more than likely that the part was not cured long enough before paint. See we were only the tier 2 supplier of DCX on Gen I, II, now we are Tier 1 witch means we make about 80% of the car parts in house. The SMC material"fiber glass" that was used before is no longer used, reasons for that change were not stated but we all know the reason

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You have a very good point. I have felt the same way for a while now. Stinks, that is why I just always keep in the back of the mind that it just isn't limited and laugh at dealers when they try to cash in on the "limited" edition cars. Commerative Edition - $115,000??? Give me a break!

OP
OP
L

ldq23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I feel your anger, if they release a car that was LE it would not be the same as a full production car, the color maybe the same but all of the little things that mad it LE would not be made in production. White is a very hard and expensive color to paint so I don't believe they will ever release it again

OP
OP
L

ldq23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

also LE edition does not necessary mean the color it could mean all the extra badges, flat black on the bottom of rear fascia, the numbered badge in the car, the color of stitching in the seats, alot of different things to make it stand out

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score

also LE edition does not necessary mean the color it could mean all the extra badges, flat black on the bottom of rear fascia, the numbered badge in the car, the color of stitching in the seats, alot of different things to make it stand out

True points, but from a distance (and not a long one), if you see two cars that are the same color, but one's a LE with a different interior, then who cares. To most of the Viper owners, if there's a Limited Edition run of cars that are color-specific, there shouldn't be any other cars made with that color. It completely takes away the exclusivity of their car.

Dodge: if you're going to make a car a limited edition color.....LEAVE IT A LIMITED EDITION COLOR.

my two cents :p

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ldq23,
We just toured ASC's Livonia facility in mid January and were told Viper body panels were again being made by an outside supplier. I know last year, ASC's Trenton plant was making body panels, but that facility was has been closed. Is that correct?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang