At cross roads, just bought Viper and thinking of selling

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One point that I do think is worth mentioning is that what makes this car a 1 of 8 car is that it did not have the comfort group add back in. This means the car does not have A/C. It will be a factor to some buyers. Something you should probably note as it is quite rare. Just like the fact that it is a true 1 of 8 car will be a factor to other buyers. Sorry to see that the car isn't all you were expecting. I remember when you bought it and first posted. I think it might be tough to get $65K, but have you considered selling some of the more easily removable aftermarket parts seperately. That could probably offset a few thousand.

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember the salesman at my local exotics dealership trying to sell me a Porsche saying the Viper didn't handle worth a crap. I got a Viper anyway and absolutely love it.

To each his own. Like the guys said earlier, it takes a special kind of person to love the snake.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I OWN THAT EXACT SAME CAR... unless you dont have A/C, we are 1 of 22.

Now, it pains me to say this, but your nuts if you think you can get 67k for it. Lets be realistic. Unless you sell it to another local guy, who is used to over paying for cars. You wont even get 60k for it. Mod money.. throw that out the window. Never get 1/10 of that back.

And honest price is MAYBE 60k, but for a quicker sale 55k-58k is probably appropriate.

You and I are more alike then you might know. Since I was 16 I owned porsches, even THOUGHT about giving up my ACR for a 2005 Turbo S 911, but eventually came to terms with the fact that a porsche will always be just a porsche, its not the car I remember in the 80's that REALLLLLY meant something. They make too many boxsters, and too many inexpensive 911's that its just not the marque it was. I know Dodge makes crap cars all day long, but A viper transcends the Dodge Family. Its a specality car.

I'm telling you all this, because you just havent let it happen. The moment you realise, that car is everything a porsche could ever be and MORE.

Sell the car if you must, but in my opinion, we have one of the nicest vipers ever made.

Jon

OP
OP
F

FRED02ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well said everyone.

I have sold many past cars in the past, see my old cars. So I know how much I will lose in the end, but at the same time I know that I always wait for the right buyer. I always sell my cars to true enthusiasts who will appreciate the car.

Again, if someone offers me a reasonable price I most likely will sell, but if that time doesn't come I will simply spend time understanding the car and enjoying it. Who knows I may decide to keep it after all.

Simply just putting it out there for sale.

thanks

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoosier,
Yes, thats of my no comfort group ACR bretheren. Weird I have seen a few of these pop up lately. They are indeed hard to spot!

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I OWN THAT EXACT SAME CAR... unless you dont have A/C, we are 1 of 22.

Now, it pains me to say this, but your nuts if you think you can get 67k for it. Lets be realistic. Unless you sell it to another local guy, who is used to over paying for cars. You wont even get 60k for it. Mod money.. throw that out the window. Never get 1/10 of that back.

And honest price is MAYBE 60k, but for a quicker sale 55k-58k is probably appropriate.

You and I are more alike then you might know. Since I was 16 I owned porsches, even THOUGHT about giving up my ACR for a 2005 Turbo S 911, but eventually came to terms with the fact that a porsche will always be just a porsche, its not the car I remember in the 80's that REALLLLLY meant something. They make too many boxsters, and too many inexpensive 911's that its just not the marque it was. I know Dodge makes crap cars all day long, but A viper transcends the Dodge Family. Its a specality car.

I'm telling you all this, because you just havent let it happen. The moment you realise, that car is everything a porsche could ever be and MORE.

Sell the car if you must, but in my opinion, we have one of the nicest vipers ever made.

Jon

Yup, tried to sell my 98 and 99. Both with under 5K miles. Couldn't even scratch 46K. At 65-67K you're getting close to 05 SRT10 prices. Very nice car, but as was said in the post above 55K is much more in line with reality. You'll also notice that if you try to sell it that the 10K mile mark absolutely kills the resale even though they easily go 100K. Call Premier or Bernie Katz, they'll offer in the high 40's.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately "rare" does not always mean "desirable". They didn't call it a "comfort" group for nothing. I rarely ever use the AC 'cause I like to hear the motor even in the summer, but no AC in Texas, Fl or Arizona? Tough sell.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do us all a favor and stop talking about parting with it.
Just get in the damn thing, put some miles on it and get comfortable driving a car that needs to be driven to appreciate it. I really don't think your giving yourself a chance. That car is one gorgeous beast. It's an aquired taste. Put the time in and get to know it. To know it is to love it. Sh*t I love mine so much I get depressed every time I return from a drive and put it back in the garage.
If you go back to an easier driving car I think your selling yourself short.

Yellow_OC_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought my viper 6 months ago and had the same feelings. Im used to driving BMW M's and the balance was so great that I always felt "in control" over the car....step out the rear, drifting, knowing the exact limits....loved it! I got into the viper and the first thing that I could not get over was the feeling of steering from the back of the car. I felt like the captain of a power boat. I was really getting discouraged after hearing the praises from fellow viper owners but I decided to stick with it and play around a lot with the driving position. To me the viper is just a very different driving experience that has taken much getting used to....I have finally become comfortable with the ergonomics, seating position, and dynamics of sitting so far back. Go out and push the car, step out the rear on the street, slide some turns and YOU WILL BE AMAZED at what you find. The limits ARE VERY HIGH, you just have to pass them a number of times to find the fine line....then you'll feel on top of the world!!!! This car is truly a beast you learn to tame and not a mild tempered european sports car. I hope you keep it....IT's GORGEOUS!!!!

OP
OP
F

FRED02ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry can't keep it Yellow OC. Just bought a RR HSE today, and tonight just sold my H3. Wow, in 3 hours time! ;-) too bad I can't sell the viper that quickly.

Viper is for sale at $57,995 but willing to entertain reosanble offers as I need to sell ASAP.

thanks everyone.

fred

OP
OP
F

FRED02ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave (Leftfoot), thanks for coming over today and looking at my car.

thanks for telling people what you thought of the car.

Fred

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, someone is selling their Viper. BFD. It happens everyday.

Wow so eliquent. Lotta value in this post....

U always this pissy ?

anyways back on topic, guy is a nut if he thinks he is going to sell it for that price, hell thats still more then he paid for it, if you look in the classifieds, you can see what he bought it for (if he did no negotiations), now he added miles and yet another owner....

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
good then welcome to the gang cause you two will be having each other for awhile before that car gets 65k for it. which in my eyes is a good thing. that is an awesome color combo and no wonder it gets those looks. figure it this way. you have a car that will not lose any more value it already has, unlike any 2 year old TT porsche you can buy for 60k today. these cars are the future barett jackson money makers of the future. you better believe it that 30 years from now stock gts will command some serious coin. i didnt buy mine to sell at a profit in 30 years, i bought it because it is the sexiest car god gave man the vision to build in m eyes. and just so you know, i plan on using this gts as my casket. now thats a guy car crazy!

OP
OP
F

FRED02ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper GTS ACR. For your facts I purchased the car for $55,995 (before taxes, license, etc) and put in $13K in mods(I know for some that means diddly but it is money out of my pocket). And I have only put 200 miles on the car.

So $57,995 is a fair price and as stated price is negotiable.

So as you can see, I am just trying to get some money back and find a buyer who will appreciate the car.

thanks for everyone that is being helpful.

fred

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tough crowd.....................I did go by and see the car ..very clean, Love the sound (headers, exhaust, NO CATS) Hmmmmmmm......

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

U always this pissy ?

anyways back on topic, guy is a nut if he thinks he is going to sell it for that price, hell thats still more then he paid for it, if you look in the classifieds, you can see what he bought it for (if he did no negotiations), now he added miles and yet another owner....

Sometimes less is more, hence the short and to the point post. Yes John, I am getting pissy as I havent been to the track in over a month now :) As if all the posts on this thread have value. Why do people feel it necessary to impose their self prescribed selling price for someone elses Viper? It is his Viper correct? Too many people on this board always have an opinion on the value of other people's Vipers, yet the value they give never applies to their car :) Aren't their more important topics to talk about? Like........the wonderful Limited edition VCA Coupes or how scared everyone should be of the Z06 :) And John, you do have to find it ironic that you deem whether a post has value or not? :)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

U always this pissy ?

Sometimes less is more, hence the short and to the point post. Yes John, I am getting pissy as I havent been to the track in over a month now :) As if all the posts on this thread have value. Why do people feel it necessary to impose their self prescribed selling price for someone elses Viper? It is his Viper correct? Too many people on this board always have an opinion on the value of other people's Vipers, yet the value they give never applies to their car :) Aren't their more important topics to talk about? Like........the wonderful Limited edition VCA Coupes or how scared everyone should be of the Z06 :) And John, you do have to find it ironic that you deem whether a post has value or not? :)

Hey RedSled,

Totally missed this response. But I've got no complaints with it ;) But you would be VERY suprised about my honesty in valueing his viper (and therefore my own). Anyways, this post is dead, he started another one, and he stated there that he has finally sold the car. Watch for a similar one shortly :D

Jon