Aug10th SD Vipers&SoCal run NEW TIME Is 9:30AM !!

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is for the new meeting time of 9:30AM, at the Shell station off the 15N, at El Norte Pkwy, one exit north of the 78 in Escondido. 15 cars at this time with 7 maybe's. Let's everyone come out to play. Dave :usa:

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave, was that you headed south on the 15 near Miramar around 6pm today?

(Not like that yellow GTS would stand out in all the toyota's, honda's and bmw's down in San Diego.)

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No that wasn't me, I've been home all day doing stuff. Jeff AX the car this weekend, and we had to get it back to street mode.I've seen another Race Yellow one too. Hope you'll make it Sunday. Dave :usa:

Josiah Gross

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've aranged for the day off work and it would be great to join you guys on the Sunday cruise. I don't have a viper yet, so I would stay at the back of the pack or just let people go by so as not to slow anyone down. If anyone is opposed please let me know other wise I'll look forward to meeting on Sunday.

Josiah Gross

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey Josiah, here is an alternative. I don't know if anyone in San Diego is open to this, but, maybe you could ride with one of them. That way, you'll be more a part of the ride, and not tagging along in the back.

I'd offer my pasenger seat right now, but my wife may come, so I don't know yet.

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josiah,
I sent you email. My passenger seat will probably be available. Let you know later today.
Bruce W

Josiah Gross

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To Bruce: I sent you email, Thanks!!
To Vic: What a great idea!!
I'm going to be bringing my girlfriend Vicki who is a ex vintage alfa romao racer in the area for along time so she if anyone would get a kick out of going with some one also. We'll be arriving in a red ford pickup at the shell station.
You'll be the first 2 people I look for Vic and Bruce.
Josiah Gross

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Ok, hope to see you there. But I still don't have word from the boss, uh, um, I mean my wife, if she is going...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Josiah, my wife bailed out. She doesn't like sports cars, driving fast, nor my driving style. (Go figure!)

Actually, its a pretty long drive, (by her way of thinking) from Orange County, and she has things to do.

So I'll have my passenger seat available, if you are brave enough!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Josiah, you have a PM from me. Someone has reminded me that they asked first.

I must be getting old...

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy was it hot today! :cool: We had 23 cars show up and 20 completed the run. :usa: Lots of really nice cars and people. Next time we'll start earlier for traffic and heat. It's really cool to see that many snakes all together. Hope everyone enjoyed the run, aand we'll do another one soon. Thanks for all the new people that came, and will join us again. I feel the need for speed :D If anyone has any idea's for a run, speak out. Thanks again. Dave

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for organizing the run and I agree, you need to start earlier, traffic is a b%$ch especially when it is as hot as it was today.
I will post some picks later after I rehydrate. Just goes to figure my a/c went out yesterday, so I figured I would go ******* and the air circulation would remedy it, NOT!
It was like sitting in an oven, but not all was a loss, we were in Vipers!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
180IM000631.jpg

Nice black GTS!
180IM000628.jpg

180IM000629.jpg

180IM000627.jpg

Beautiful black Vette sneaks in with the group!
180IM000626.jpg

Niz and Nicco
180IM000623.jpg

Niz's better half!
180IM000621.jpg

Paul Hawker checks out the route, Dave Cawthorne campaigns for re-election as Bob Wright listens. :D

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!

Finally woke up from my heat induced daze and got re-hydrated enough to post some pics. Have to get me a new camera. And a new cooling system setup!!!!

You must be registered for see images

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Yeah! The best ones were of coming into that view of the Valley and the orange fields and such below. Pictures don't do it justice, but yours comes close. I tried several times to get a good pic but my camera fell short of the task. The reflection from the interior glass in my car was ****** on taking pics too. Plus I could barely raise my camera to take a shot since I was so weak from the heat and lack of water LOL!