Austin's Car Invasion of Coffee and Rides in San Antonio, TX August 27th, 2011

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been thinking of Running down to San Antonio one Saturday morning to check out the Coffee and Rides show they have. This is San Antonio's version of Cars and Coffee in Austin, TX (actually Leander). For me distance is not enough to be a concern. I know a few friends in Austin, TX that will join in going down to SA for this.

The plan is to meet at Cabela's Retail Store (15570 IH35) in Buda, TX at 6:45 am and depart for SA promptly at 7:15 am. That should put us there about 8 am.

Coffee and Rides is located in Front of the Panera Bread Company at the North West corner of Blanco Rd and 1604 W Anderson Loop. Talking with people that go to the show, tell me it starts at 8am and goes till 10:30am even thou the website saids otherwise.

Lunch if interested:
At 10:30-10:45am we head about 1 ½ miles down the road to Big'z Burger Joint for lunch.

Getting Home:
I know after putting away a 1/2lb burger some of us are just going to want to go take a nap. But for those that feel they can take a scenic cruise through the Hill Country to get home instead of IH35; we will have one planned. Departure may vary but plan would be 12:30pm at the latest.

This is for ALL CAR types that would normally go to an event like this so please pass the information around.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We SATX locals would really enjoy seeing you Austin folk. It would give some of us, (me for sure) an opportunity to meet some new Viper people and make some additional friends. We will try to hold some parking spots on the double isle for ya, as it tends to fill up really fast. People actually start showing up around 07:35 am.

Looking forward to seeing ya there.:beer:

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds great! Bring as many northern vipers as you can! This month coffee and rides will be on the 30th. See you there!

dgorham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be attending this months cars and coffee from Houston. Tried to make last months and had my car in ART's shop longer than expected. Looking forward to seeing all the rides in the area. Have a great one and see ya on Saturday!

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are on august 27th. I planned this 1 1/2 months out so people can plan to do it.
Ray

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come down every month. Been going to Austin every month for years for drives and shows. Not that long of a drive for everyone to come down once a month.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come down every month. Been going to Austin every month for years for drives and shows. Not that long of a drive for everyone to come down once a month.

True dat! Kurt might even catch up with me on miles if is he isn't careful! 85k so far :)

dgorham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What time is a safe time to arrive and have a parking place with the vipers? Looking forward to meeting the SA and Austin folks at the same time. See everyone on Saturday!

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What time is a safe time to arrive and have a parking place with the vipers? Looking forward to meeting the SA and Austin folks at the same time. See everyone on Saturday!

San Antonio's Coffee and Rides fills up quick, people start getting onsite as early as 7:30AM, I usually pull in around 8-8:30PM and have found myself parking in the aisle without a spot before. People come and go so spots open and close as the morning goes on.

dgorham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks and will plan on showing up at 7:45ish and looking for the vipers in the parking lot! Shouldn't be hard to miss! Thanks and see ya tomorrow.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be my first Coffee and Rides...... how much does it cost?

My first cup of coffee, large if you please ...... :eater:

On a more serious not, looks like I'll be there after all. I'm taking the Viper with me to Comfort. Wife will be engaged with other "Wifey things" Saturday morning with her girlfriend, so I am free. Will be bringing friend.

Chris, I'm stunned you've not been before. Coffee and Rides is totally free. We try to park in the second (1 double) isle directly in front of Panera.
I'm very much looking forward to seeing you there with your B/W machine.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome pics Ray, thanks for organizing the drive down. Please come back every month, it only gets better when the temps are under triple digits!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21