Auto-X and EBC Greens

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a local VCA auto-x driving school event coming up soon, and I have EBC Green pads on the front - for auto-x, should I change these, or are the EBCs okay?

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
EBCs will be fine for an autoX. When ya gonna go on a BIG track??????

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was hoping the EBCs would be okay, I wanted to run 'em some more before swapping for other pads for ViperDays in mid/late July (got ~8k miles on them so far).

The Carolinas region is having the auto-x on a WWII bomber airport site (http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum13/HTML/000477.html#4), makes me wonder if they have a long runway I can haul a$$ on?!

As for going on a BIG track, I went to ViperDays last year, and am going back this year! I may not be up for the Iron Man of driving events like you, but hey, I'm getting out unlike the Zaino crowd!
laugh.gif

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raced a friend on our "private" quarter mile and a bit recently. Braked hard from about 140 to make the turn off and turning area, lined right up straight away and went again in the other direction, this time braked hard from about 150. Result... severe brake fade on my EBC greens. Just made the turnoff a bit faster than I intended. Conclusion ... be careful with greens, they are definitely a street pad when used on a viper !
Major brake upgrade is planned for the future.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slaughterj:
Ah, but I expect only half those speeds in an auto-x.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahhh Contrair Monfrair (sp?).. Since your pushing toddler weight (150 lbs?) you might get up to those speeds with your weight advantage....

laugh.gif

hehe

Gerald

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
ahhh Contrair Monfrair (sp?).. Since your pushing toddler weight (150 lbs?) you might get up to those speeds with your weight advantage....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So that's why, at your weight, your supercharged snake is slower than mine?
wink.gif

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have greens and have autox'ed 4 times with them. I haven't noticed any real difference except they feel a bit more forgiving. I had a couple of split second lock-ups on the stocks, but with the EBC's I feel like I can play with the pedal better, but it may just be my getting used to the car. Max speed I've hit on autox has been 90mph, a big autox course.

Oh, one other thing changed, since I switched to greens, no on has come up to me after a run to tell me my brakes were squeeling.
smile.gif

Dave.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slaughterj:
So that's why, at your weight, your supercharged snake is slower than mine?
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daffy:
I have greens and have autox'ed 4 times with them. I haven't noticed any real difference except they feel a bit more forgiving. I had a couple of split second lock-ups on the stocks, but with the EBC's I feel like I can play with the pedal better, but it may just be my getting used to the car. Max speed I've hit on autox has been 90mph, a big autox course.

Oh, one other thing changed, since I switched to greens, no on has come up to me after a run to tell me my brakes were squeeling.
smile.gif

Dave.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sounds good! (pun intended
wink.gif
)

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
Exactly

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahaha!!!
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang