Autoform Side Sills

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday morning, 9:15 AM, backing out of garage....

Abrupt "thump" is heard while backing the GTS out for the first time this year.... Viper meet Basketball backboard, backboard meet previously spotless Viper. :omg:
Sometime later that day, I come to the conclusion that punching holes in drywall and crying like a baby will resolve nothing, I need a new side sill... luckily, this was the only body panel receiving damage. I remember seeing somewhere that OEM sills can cost more than a bad divorce, so was considering the replacements offered by Autoform. I've purchased a few of their pieces before and been happy with the quality. Has anyone put these on their vehicle, and if so how was the quality and fit? I assume one has to find new heat sheilding as well, so any suggestions would be appreciated!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without seeing pictures its tough to make the call for sure. Can you post some pics? I can't imagine any damage occuring from a reverve roll, and a basketball backboard, can not be repaired..These body shop guys are amazing.

There is a guy in my area who does incredible body work. Several VCA members have used them. Maybe you could take the side sill off, and FedEX it to his shop in NJ?? Just a thought. I feel for you, doesnt sound too bad though..

OP
OP
R

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Taximan, actually it was the post supporting the backboard that I ran into... unfortunately the post was the permanent in ground type. I hadn't considered a body shop repair, I guess I just assumed it would be too expensive. I will however make that a first option. Thanks again.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1) repair

2) used replacements

3) AF fibreglass (from PartsRack) are cheap, look good, but chip easily. re-use your OE shields

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a fiberglass unit from a Vendor last year and didn't like it as much as my stock aluminum one on the other, I came across one on e-bay for less than 1k and loved it. Be careful if you take it to a body shop that they don't just beat it out and fill in the minor defects with body-filler as it does not do well with the heat created by the exhaust

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Jeff Lemke, the maker of the 3 piece trunk top, was making these I thought. If his are like the other products he makes you should look into it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang